PDA

View Full Version : I Bet u

Unregistered
09-03-2004, 07:10 PM
I bet your problemo is Norton antivirus. I used norton for * years and oneday it started doing this thing when u right click anywhere it could take up to *0 seconds for the popup menu to come up. Unless ofcource u are offline it would not do this, only when ur online. Well here is my advice remove all antivirus cause it's a waste of resource and time Start learning how to detect and destroy viris manually. all u need is a good: Startup monitor, firewall , filemonitoring program.

If u have best of those three you don't need antivirus and would have a better chance of detecting unauthorized programs/actions than norton could ever protect u from.

if both ur startup monitor and ur filemon acts like a firewall and asks u wether to allow or deny changes and not just log changes!

I don't like antivirus and feel it's more hassel than worth.

DATA
09-04-2004, 07:39 AM
filemon, is not really practical. There are hundreds of files that are opened by the OS over a minute and difficult to see which files not to be altered. The OS needs certain files to be edited and not allowing it to do so, may cause unforseen problems. I wouldn't recommend it.

Data.