PDA

View Full Version : forgot login password for windows xp

smokeyb
09-13-2004, 04:26 PM
hi could anyone help me. ive forgot my login password for my computer .it uses windows xp. could anyone help me on how to retreive my password or how to bypass it.if anyone can help then it will be you guys, im a newbe and need help..lol. thanks smokeyb

Soska
09-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Why don't you just reinstall your OS? That may be much more easier for you.

If your computer is part of some domain, you may ask your network administrator for help. Perhaps you may have some other users with Admninistrator rights. If you are the only administrator on your computer and your computer is not part of the domain, i fear it would be too difficult for you to retrive/reinstate your password. Also, there is no way you can bypass password prompt.

smokeyb
09-15-2004, 04:24 AM
hi soska. thanks alot for your reply to my questions.. i cant believe i didnt think of installing the os system again.. told you i was a newbe..lol. thanks smokeyb.

Unregistered
09-29-2004, 02:57 PM
you can hack the sam file. There are books and tutorials how to do that.

Legion
09-29-2004, 06:26 PM
just get this SAMInside 2.* (http://www.topshareware.com/SAMInside-download-5*88.htm)

supportcrew
10-02-2004, 08:40 AM
As you may see, there is no way for him to get his sam file. Why do you recommend it? HE WAS NOT EVEN ABLE TO LOGON.

Your_sex
10-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi i want to have new penpals and friends email me!

Prof. Boris Kazandzhan
Moscow Power Engineering Institute
Tverskayast */*
Moscow
Russia
Fax : +7 0*5 *75 208*
E-mail : alten@mail.cnt.ru

supportcrew
10-03-2004, 05:36 AM
Don't pay attention to this and such posts.

Unregistered
10-04-2004, 06:32 AM
If u d`ont hava a pasword on administrator u can enter in safe mode and enter as administrator, and un can disable iour user pasword, if u have pasword on a user acount.
Please forghive m english

Draxonfly
10-04-2004, 07:21 AM
Yeah go to safe mode then go to...

Control Panel/User Account/Your Account/Remove Password

and it should be ok, you can put a new password on later

Draxonfly

supportcrew
10-04-2004, 01:59 PM
I am not sure that it is possible to logon without a password even in safe mode. But maybe it is just my insufficiend knowledge about XP.

Unregistered
10-05-2004, 04:04 AM
Dont be worried about the password. coz when you logon to safemode, you get to user names one is which you have created and the other one has the name itself as "Administrator" and when you logon to this account (i.e. "Administrator") you dont get prompted for a password.

Unregistered
10-06-2004, 12:56 AM
>one has the name itself as >"Administrator" and when you logon to >this account (i.e. "Administrator") you >dont get prompted for a password.

when you install this windows and you set not a separatly password wich is also not differnt from your user wich you create. such is not good but standard.
this way will not work for me.
i had set a passwort so is in safe_mode also a password nesessary.

Unregistered
10-06-2004, 12:57 AM
>one has the name itself as "Administrator" and when you logon to this account (i.e. "Administrator") you dont get prompted for a password.

when you install this windows and you set not a separatly password wich is also not differnt from your user wich you create. such is not good but standard.
this way will not work for me.
i had set a passwort so is in safe_mode also a password nesessary.

Erotes
10-06-2004, 04:48 PM
What type of computer do you have? (for example: Dell, HP, Compaq, etc.) The reason I ask is, some computer companies set up their hard drives where you can reset them back to factory settings without a lot of trouble. HP is one of the companies that does this. It gives you the option of completely deleting what you have already done and resetting it to show room condition, or just taking away certain things.

Unregistered
10-06-2004, 05:57 PM
There are two things i've found that work for XP passwords. Three really but the last one is very complicated. First you can try to do a system restore if your brand of PC allows for it during startup. Restore with files intact and it will just reset your OS to factory defaults and save all program and data files. All users will be reset. The second is to restart and come up in safe mode. Logon as administrator and reset your user account. Restart and as will be well.

Unregistered
10-08-2004, 08:12 AM
http://www.g4techtv.com/screensavers/features/45*72/Ultimate_Password_Recovery_Guide.html

supportcrew
10-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Please consider this topic closed. The question is already answered.

lip*ID
10-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Are u realy was going to pay 44 $ for that ?:) LOL ...
Don't spend your ***** ...
Get it 4 free - SAMInside (http://www.insidepro.com/download/saminside.zip) ... peace ... :)

Unregistered
10-19-2004, 06:40 AM
You could try yo reboot in save mode and login as administrator.
You don't need as password. Then go to configuration, usermaneger
You wil see your account just klik change paswword.

Al windows xp installations have a admin account that you dont see when you boot in normal mode.

Unregistered
10-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Ok,

When you´re welcome to the system you have to introduce your passord. In this screen press ctrl+alt+delete twice. So, the graphic mode are disabled...now you have to write administrator for user name and the password left it in blank. If administrator account doen´t have any password you´will login.

ParsTech.org
10-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Net user parstech test /add
Net localgroup administrators Raminsoft /add

Unregistered
10-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by ParsTech.org
Net user parstech test /add
Net localgroup administrators Raminsoft /add
This commands will add user parstech with password tech and add user Raminsoft to Administrators. What do you mean by that?

Unregistered
10-31-2004, 03:51 PM
YOU RULE, THANKS TO SAFE MODE, I LOGGED IN AND DID SYSEM RESTORE TO A PREVIOUS DATE. THANK YOU

Unregistered
11-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Morons!

all morons.

there is a neat little program that you boot off cd with and it reset the password.

I will post the link when i get back to my house where i have it.

I use it all the time to reset passwords for 2000/xp/200*

you might want to search for "resetting the admin password" on the net

Unregistered
11-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Hey I'm having an issue logging into my old @ss computer that I just recently started using again but I forgot my freaken Password. My computer is a Fujitsu lap top (yeah weird I know) and I have windows NT on it. Does anybody have any idea what I can do. I was lookign for information online but they gave me a bunk of hacker b*llsh*t and software and its costs $$$$$ I dont want to spend all that ***** on this old piece of sh*t I just need to get my old school work from there then throw it away, lol...

Unregistered
11-14-2004, 11:15 PM
oh and i dont have a booting Cd either. I lost it 4 years ago :-)

Dermir
11-16-2004, 03:17 PM
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Unregistered
11-17-2004, 09:13 PM
hi! i tried to log in as administrator but they didn`t let me. i really don`t know what to do is there an other way to access my account?

Unregistered
11-21-2004, 03:13 AM
boot from the floppy, a simple "system disk", put the NTFSDOS on the same disk,if you have NTFS run NTFSDOS, copy the SAM files, both from repair and config,

Use LoftCrack to verify your passwords.

If you have a local access to the computer, hacking the SAM file is one of the easiest things. ;) Good Luck.

Unregistered
11-24-2004, 09:39 AM
You can't access the SAM file WHEN YOU ARE LOGGED IN.
You must boot from an alternate devie that can read an NTFS drive.

DUH!

What a stupid forum.

I will not be back.

Unregistered
11-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Windows XP / 2000 / NT Key
Windows XP / 2000 / NT Key is a program to reset Windows XP / 2000 / NT security if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.

Features

*00% recovery rate
Windows 200* Server is supported
Windows XP Home and Professional Editions are supported
Windows 2000 Professional, Server and Advanced Server are supported
Windows NT Workstation and Server 4.0 are supported
Resets Domain Administrator password for Active Directory Domain Controllers (Enterprise Edition only)
All secure boot options are supported
All Service Packs are supported

Unregistered
11-25-2004, 09:49 AM
ed2k://|file|Passware.Kit.Enterprise.v6.5.RETAIL-CYGNUS.rar|*8*56*0|**C**D*007A4F6AB25FA6588F47704B*|/

frenchie
11-26-2004, 01:40 AM
there you can charge a prog which will allow you to change your pass or to remove it.

sorry for my english

Unregistered
11-28-2004, 02:46 PM
i know this is already an aswerd question but i have to ask it again...

now i have tried login into safe mode and the the adminstrator with no pass word.. ment to be ok but my admin has a password.. alltho i thought i was the only admin
i dont know how to reset my OS CTRL + ALT + DEL and it still reqires a password...
i cant memebr my pass word how can i get on to my compter with out having to reformatt...
only just reformatted just last week that is why i cant member my pass word..
please someone help?

Unregistered
12-05-2004, 12:31 AM
i cant help u get your password back but when you get passed the password go to start/control panel /user accounts click on tour name and on the top left there will be some options go to prevent a forgotten password and finish the wized

Unregistered
12-06-2004, 07:57 PM
how do i get an administrator password so i can make me an administrator so i can install things on my computer? (public comp.)
heheheh this place sux they dont know much about comps but i need an admin password how do i get one?

Unregistered
12-07-2004, 02:19 PM
create a live linux cd, phlak works well(www.phlak.org). Mount the hd that has windows usually hda* (mount /dev/hda*). From there you should be able to grab the sam file. You cannot alter any files from the hd with windows on it, it is read only.

Unregistered
12-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by frenchie
there you can charge a prog which will allow you to change your pass or to remove it.

sorry for my english

That is all that you need. I do it for a living and that is what I use. Also, it is free..

12-12-2004, 05:14 PM
First of all if you have a password on xp with no admin password you are an idiot. Second, deleting the sam files doesnt work with NTFS, because they arent there. And for whoever said you cant bypass the password screen, youre right, you need to edit the registry from dos and reset the admin password. Whats even better, you can then change the password to whatever you want. I like to do this at stores like bestbuy and at public libraries:)

Unregistered
12-17-2004, 09:46 PM
actually u dont need to log into safe mode, all u have to do is to switch from the normal login screen in windows xp is hit alt ctl del two or three times and it lets u type the administrator log in name and valla

Unregistered
12-22-2004, 11:55 AM
If that’s your only problem, then you probably have nothing to worry about. As long as you have your Windows XP CD, you can get back into your system using a simple but effective method made possible by a little known access hole in Windows XP.

This method is easy enough for newbies to follow – it doesn’t require using the Recovery Console or any complicated commands. And it’s free - I mention that because you can pay two hundred dollars for an emergency download of Winternals ERD with Locksmith which is a utility for unlocking lost Windows passwords. See here http://www.winternals.com/products/repairandrecovery/locksmith.asp

ERD is an excellent multi purpose product, but you should know it is not a necessary one if you have a healthy system and your sole problem is the inability to logon to Windows due to a forgotten password. Not necessary because you can easily change or wipe out your Administrator password for free during a Windows XP Repair. Here’s how with a step-by-step description of the initial Repair process included for newbie’s.

*. Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer (it’s assumed here that your XP CD is bootable – as it should be - and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)

2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd Typically, it will be “Press any key to boot from cd”

*. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.

4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now

5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.

6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.

It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”

Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.

7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.

8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically – you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in *5 seconds”

*. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard bill***rd screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.

*0. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F*0. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.

**. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.

*2. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).

**. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.

I tested the above on Windows XP Pro with and without SP* and also used this method in a real situation where someone could not remember their password and it worked like a charm to fix the problem. This security hole allows access to more than just user accounts. You can also access the Registry and Policy Editor, for example. And its gui access with mouse control. Of course, a Product Key will be needed to continue with the Repair after making the changes, but for anyone intent on gaining access to your system, this would be no problem.

And in case you are wondering, NO, you cannot cancel install after making the changes and expect to logon with your new password.

Cancelling will just result in Setup resuming at bootup and your changes will be lost.

Ok, now that your logon problem is fixed, you should make a point to prevent it from ever happening again by creating a Password Reset Disk. This is a floppy disk you can use in the event you ever forget your log on password. It allows you to set a new password.

Here's how to create one if your computer is NOT on a domain:

Go to the Control Panel and open up User Accounts.
Choose your account (under Pick An Account to Change) and under Related Tasks, click "Prevent a forgotten password".
This will initiate a wizard.
Click Next and then insert a blank formatted floppy disk into your A: drive.
Click Next and enter your logon password in the password box.
Click Next to begin the creation of your Password disk.
Once completed, label and save the disk to a safe place
How to Log on to your PC Using Your Password Reset Disk

Start your computer and at the logon screen, click your user name and leave the password box blank or just type in anything. This will bring up a Logon Failure box and you will then see the option to use your Password Reset disk to create a new password. Click it which will initiate the Password Reset wizard. Insert your password reset disk into your floppy drive and follow the wizard which will let you choose a new password to use for your account.

Note: If your computer is part of a domain, the procedure for creating a password disk is different.

best regards
Preatcher

Unregistered
12-22-2004, 04:54 PM
just one thing with the "log on to admin in safe mode", there is actually possible to disable the whole ADMIN account, I have !

Jo108
12-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Here Try this link

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub000*/LPMArticle.asp?ID=*05

Unregistered
12-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Yeah just login to safe mode, works like a charm if you havent setup a Administrator password

Unregistered
12-27-2004, 08:10 AM
God dammit, listen to me,
there is a program saminside, 20 links have been given to
that program........
So if u are dumb@ss*s u will continue posting but listen:

DL saminside.zip, if u have 2 hdd's plug the one that is working
as a primary ****** and a first boot device!!!
System will be run from the other disk, run sam inside from it
and than it will give u the pass.........
Its like the secondary device... U wont have problems...

Unregistered
12-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Hey, I'm Newcomer and I have an Idea: Using a software named: "Easy Password recovery" to remove your Password before logon to windows. This work in DOS environmet, so be careful. However, it'll be easy for you to manage.

Unregistered
12-28-2004, 03:32 PM
how do i get into safe mode?