PDA

View Full Version : Forum Identity?

Unregistered
09-16-2004, 03:20 PM
I’ll tell my story first then ask my question –
I often post on sports forum that is of interest to me. I got a bit upset one day at something the forum admin had been posting. So, for some reason, I got this ****-brained idea that I would register under a different user name and make a statement about this person’s credibility on a subject. I created a new Yahoo email address and registered under a silly name. I didn’t give any information that give-away my true identity.

My original use-name, the one I use everyday, does have my true identity listed in my profile.

Anyway, after a few days the person (the administrator) whom I was making a well-deserved thrashing too, posted that after some investigation they now know the true identity of the “user-name.”

My question is, is this possible? Can they some how match IP addresses up to see that the two user-names come from the same location?

DATA
09-17-2004, 04:44 AM
Can they some how match IP addresses up to see that the two user-names come from the same location?

yes-they can. they can do a whois on the ip's or just by looking at the ip octects.

Data.

legion
09-24-2004, 10:56 PM
hehehe you did right on changing identity with your email address. however you did not change IP. they can see it's a different user but same IP so that leads only to one thing your guilty. :)
anyway to learn how to change Ip and surf anonymously go to www.proxynation.org and register. to access tutorials and elite proxy.

T Rex
09-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Also the admin checked your variables that's how you got caught.
IP spoofing or changing is NOT enough.
www.proxynation.org

DATA
09-28-2004, 12:00 PM
hi,

Its pretty cool if you can keep the invites down to once a week. Thank you.

Data.