PDA

View Full Version : Can I learn .net using Perl or Java?

slicegan2
09-26-2010, 05:41 AM
Can I learn .net using Perl or Java?
I am an experienced programmer and have used various flavors of Visual Studio in the past for Basic and C. But my recent 8 years of work has been Linux and I have missed out on the move to .NET.

I would like to learn .NET, the new models, security, etc, without worrying about language issues. Is this possible using Perl or Java? What do I need to D/L or buy to start?
=======================

aliza
10-09-2010, 01:11 AM
may be i can buy one

chitra4
10-09-2010, 04:06 AM
Trying to find which is the "fastest" can only be done by identical experiments:
- You write a piece of code in all languages, with the SAME source (input) and objective (output).
- Make this in a repeat loop (for/next) to multiply the length.
- Start a timer at the beginning of the program,
- Stop it when the program has completed its work.
- Get the total time.
- Compare performances with the other languages.
It seems evident to say this, but EACH language has its own fast and slow processes, and finding the "fastest" is really a question of WHAT you are doing!
You also have to take care of each CALL you make:
In PhP, two or three similar functions would give you the same answer, but some take longer to execute (sometimes 20 times longer!) By just using a different function, you can make your code much faster!

srg02
11-03-2010, 12:44 PM
For advanced programming levels, you can attend a couple of TECH-ED sessions that gets you plenty of learning as you would in a crash course with enough time to get your doubts cleared from Microsoft's product development managers themselves. I think there's one coming up in Barcelona, Spain sometime soon. Apart from videos and webcasts, Wrox publications have good books on most of the popular NET languages as well.

harriet
05-31-2012, 03:26 AM
.NET is different then pearl or Java, That isn't say you couldn't get a program to do both. But to learn .NET you need Visual Studo. They have free versions for all the .NET (C# VB.NET) and so forth.STC Technologies (http://stctechnologiescorporatetraining.in/)|STC Technologies (http://stctechnologiestraining.in/)|STC Technologies (http://stctechnologiesgroup.com/)

Aayus
06-26-2012, 09:01 AM
well, i do not about the perl but both java and .net platform is totally different so if you want to learn .net then it will better to know Visual Basic to you.

twinkle45
10-27-2014, 02:43 AM
I would like to learn .NET, the new models, security, etc, without worrying about language issues. Is this possible using Perl or Java? What do I need to D/L or buy to start?

Ahsan558
12-24-2014, 01:24 AM
You can learn both easily.

kaufen
05-02-2015, 06:08 AM
Well There's no need to learn Java/Perl for .Net

in Fact its very good idea that you are now thinking of updating your skills now.

I assume you have knowledge of OOP and languages like C++ because that will help you get hands on C# .

One thing i would like to tell you is .Net and Linux are foe.

If you willing to learn .Net then learn it over windows platform.

Hope tis will solve yours issues

mat1
05-25-2015, 02:42 PM
Outside the windows platform, where else can I learn .net?

mat1
05-27-2015, 11:49 AM
someone please com to my rescue

kaufen
06-02-2015, 09:13 AM

in Fact its very good idea that you are now thinking of updating your skills now.

I assume you have knowledge of OOP and languages like C++ because that will help you get hands on C# .

Siseneg
08-01-2015, 05:17 PM

Your post was taken word for word, include the misspelled word "this", from a Best Answers response posted 7 years ago by Neeraj Yadav on anwsers.********** to the question "Can I learn .net using Perl or Java?"

https://answers.**********/question/index?qid=2008080408*042AA4js*p

prowaseem
04-21-2016, 05:37 AM
i would like to recommend you to just read one language in one time. this will be more beneficial for you.

imran sharif
11-20-2018, 09:22 AM
Whereas Java is the programming language for Sun's “computer is the network” effort, Microsoft has given us C# (“C sharp”). ... That is, Perl, Visual Basic and C# can be compiled down to IL. The idea is to make it possible to integrate multiple languages into one system