PDA

View Full Version : Traceroute Fail

vijus
01-21-2005, 04:27 AM
Dear All,

We have to access few sites from india for commercial purpose. Recent days we start facing problems. When we check the trace route, it shows packet loss in 6*.2*7.*6.*54 server. However if we use a dial up connection we are able to access those sites (eg. www.polkaudio.com, streamingfaith.com and phonered.com).

We are *********ly not experts, but a solution is very urgent as mentioned we use this for commercial purpose. We are unable to change the ISP. Pls assist us in this regard.

Viju

SyntaXmasteR
01-21-2005, 07:01 AM
We have to access few sites from india for commercial purpose

When you say access what do you mean by that? FTP or just http? Why is a trace route or ping critical to you? I Havnt tested anything on your servers yett but im guessing you have ping request blocked. Ill look more "into" your servers later on today~

vijus
01-21-2005, 07:18 AM
Not FTP; basically we access this server for our VOIP service. Http is failure. and we found packet loss at the said server (6*.2*7.*6.*54) I could send traceroute reports.

But if we use any other ISP service then we will get access to this site.

Regards

Viju

SyntaXmasteR
01-21-2005, 11:44 AM
But if we use any other ISP service then we will get access to this site.

So your saying you cant access the site through your current internet service provider? Who are you using?

Second, what port does your VOIP service use?

The tracerts would help~ send them to syntax******@hotmail.com and i will take a look @ them

SyntaXmasteR
01-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Open Ports if this help you any:

www.polkaudio.com 80 (HTTP),7070 (ARCP - Automatic Router Configuration Protocal)
www.streamingfaith.com (NO OPEN PORTS)
www.phonered.com 22 (SSH Remote Login Protocol)

vijus
01-23-2005, 01:28 AM
Dear Mr. Syntax******,

I sent you a private message two days back and so far no response.. Please have a look at your given mail id appreciate your assistance

Regards

Viju

SyntaXmasteR
01-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Please check your mail. I found a VOIP testing program that fit your problem perfect. I emaied you earlier this morning.

vijus
01-30-2005, 02:40 AM
Dear,

As you s***ested i have looked at the utility but found that's not exactly matching my problem. However i sent mails to the sales department explaining the issue, so far no response. I don’t think it’s feasible to buy that utility for 250USD without a confirmation.

Occasionally only we face problem, last week two days again we lost connectivity, and to our surprise packet loss always shows at the same server.

Regards

Viju

SyntaXmasteR
02-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Is could be something as simple as the server being set to reject ping requests.