PDA

View Full Version : Weird desktop banner

Unregistered
01-21-2005, 01:01 PM
I have a desktop banner (not an ad) runs vertical and is on the left hand of the screen and I can't delete it. My computer is not running active desktop. I have xp sp2 loaded. I run Nortons and Black ice. My virus checker is up to date and has scanned and no viruses. Any help?

SyntaXmasteR
01-21-2005, 01:58 PM
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Run This and if the banner is still there take a Screen Shot (Press the Print Screen Key on the key***rd)

Click Start...Run... type Mspaint.. press enter

IN PAINT: Hold ctrl and press v

Save the image and post it here...

Unregistered
01-21-2005, 05:40 PM
could be that someone made a joke. make sure you don't have a wallpaper loaded on your desktop ;)

Unregistered
02-07-2005, 04:55 PM
i havent been able to get rid of mine either.
and i had the taskbar set to not always be infront of other windows, so now i cant access it.
and i have zero control.
dont really know what to do

Unregistered
02-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Even if i get into control panel i still cant open the "taskbar and startmenu" options.
Please help, this is crazy.
and i cant drag and drop icons anywahere.

Unregistered
02-07-2005, 10:25 PM
posta hijackthis! log.

You can download theapplication at majorgeeks.com in the spyware section.

Unregistered
02-14-2005, 04:35 PM
You are a spyware victim. They will send code to take over your browser, desktop, and even change your start page and settings. They are *****ing your buying and browsing and know your passwords and ****** card numbers. Most of the spyware programs are worthless knockoffs and are actually spyware themselves. The only one I have found to be effective is Spyware Search and Destroy. Download this and run it and you will be amazed and saddened at the load of spyware your machine was carrying. Immunize and keep it updated and send some ***** to this remarkable guy who created and maintains this program. Kenorri