PDA

View Full Version : Net Send Help in DOS

Unregistered
03-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Ok so at my school the computers are Windows 2000 Professional. And they uses Novell (common). Anyways the cool thing at school right now is to send other people on computers messages using net send. (Example) While im on a computer a message will pop up saying "Turn off your computer now and kiss your butt!" or something stupid like that.

I've figured out how to do this its: net send CW-**0*6 "Your message here"

*Every computer has there own 4 digit number, and they are posted on top the computers monitor. You do not include the * when doing net send.

Ok so now I wanna do something cooler =) Something maybe like shutting down someones computer. Or anything that is cooler then the net send.

Also you can not get into DOS mode here at school, when I try go to run>cmd DOS will pop up and in it, it says The Admistrator has disabled this, press any key to exit. So the way we do net send at school is to make batch files.

Any help??

Unregistered
03-21-2005, 04:32 PM
well, this is easy... to shut down a computer, use the shutdown command. Im assuming you know how to get into the command prompt . If you can, then type in "shutdown * -t *0". That will shutdown all computers in *0 seconds. Have Fun!!! :P

Unregistered
03-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Well i tried that, first of all I cant get into DOS at school, but what I did was make a .bat file. I typed "shutdown CW-*08* -t *0" and saved it as a .bat on the desktop, then when I clicked it.. DOS opened up for like * sec and closed, but it didnt work. It says something like shutdown CW-*048 -t *0 is not reconized as an internal or external command..

Any ideas?

SyntaXmasteR
03-22-2005, 06:32 PM
The shutdown command is not a default win2k program. You can download psshutdown.exe online and try that. Im guessing if the messenger service is enabled that the IT admin is not too strict on their active directory policies.

Unregistered
03-23-2005, 01:47 AM
i have windows xp home and downloaded that pssshutdown.exe but when i downloaded it and tried to open it, it opened but flicked and went off after about a milisecond so the screen never actually displays. At school i have the same problem with command prompt being disabled and i also have the same problem with batch scripts. When i try to run a batch script it opens but flickers like above and goes off before you can see anything. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated?

SyntaXmasteR
03-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Right... It will flicker if you try to run the prog by clicking on the exe. Place the psshutdown.exe in your %windir%\system*2 folder. Now you are able to write a batch script and us the pshutdown command.

Batch scripts should run fine. If the batch script flickers that probably means you have something coded wrong and it will exit. The only way to check your coding is to add pauses between lines of code (only b.c you cant call the batch script from cmd.exe - If you were allowed to run cmd.exe you could call the batch and it would tell you the error without exiting)

Unregistered
03-23-2005, 12:47 PM
when i download the psshutown thing it wants me to open it up with a program... what program do i open it up with??

SyntaXmasteR
03-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Post the download URL