PDA

View Full Version : "Hacking" Myownemail.com?

Unregistered
06-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Well, long story short: My Yahoo, AIM, and Myownemail accounts have all been hacked. I figure if I can get to the email, I can at least have my AIM names back.

So: Anyone care to share an easy way to pull this off? Myownemail seems to have very little in the way of security, you can try as many passwords as you want without it doing anything abut it.

D.Parker
06-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Did you try to contact their ******** support?

hello
06-19-2005, 09:05 PM
look my dad works at that stupid company so i know all about it now i can ask him to hack people for me but... you got to e-mail the person you want to hack and your user-name and your pass at xiaoy00*@hotmail.com

Unregistered
06-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Nah. From what I can tell their ******** support is non-existant. Not to mention the fact that I didn't provide an alternate email address when I signed up... 7 years ago or so. I've come across references to a few programs for "hacking" the site, but can't seem them. Oh well.

Unregistered
06-30-2005, 08:38 AM
does anyone know if this e-mail will ever start working?? unfortunately, my wedding rsvps are going to a myownemail account, as well as my new job information. i really need to get on it!

Unregistered
06-30-2005, 01:50 PM
look my dad works at that stupid company so i know all about it now i can ask him to hack people for me but... you got to e-mail the person you want to hack and your user-name and your pass at xiaoy00*@hotmail.com

if your dad works at the company why can't you get an answer to why it is down and will it start back up soon?????????????

Unregistered
06-30-2005, 04:08 PM
i saw this article a few days ago, right around the time i first noticed that myownemail stopped working. didn't think much of it at the time, but after a little frustrated googling revealed that the company running myownemail has a major outsourced operation in pakistan, methinks there is a connection.

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/06/28/*7402*6&tid=2*0&tid=*5&tid=2*8&tid=**7

Unregistered
07-01-2005, 09:20 AM
I have addresses that are only listed there. I have an alternate email listed in their info but haven't received anything. I am sure we all feel the same is that we NEED to get into that email.

Gaby
07-01-2005, 10:45 AM

Wat a dickhead that scam jis like soooo old at least get a new one, i mean why wud 'ur dad' need MY password to get someone elses?
Get some sense and then get a life and then come back on.
See if you stil thiks it works you fucking nob, actually ill cheack right now
tell your dad that my name is getalife
my pass is please
and the persons pass i want is mogojo

have fun with tht :)

myownemailworst
07-02-2005, 04:32 AM
06-*0-2005, 08:*8 AM
Unregistered
Guest Posts: n/a

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone know if this e-mail will ever start working?? unfortunately, my wedding rsvps are going to a myownemail account, as well as my new job information. i really need to get on it!

This piece of shit is down and has been down for days. How the fuck are we going to get back into our accounts? What the fuck is going on with this stupid piece of shit email service? They are the fucking worst.

Unregistered
07-02-2005, 12:30 PM
how long has the site been down for !

Unregistered
07-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone, it's bad that myownemail is down, but it's good to know that it's not just me! will ever work again?!! :(

Unregistered
07-03-2005, 08:13 PM
I am in a pinch too. All my email for the last 8 years has been forwarded through this account as I move a lot. I have urgent email I need that is there too. Does anyone have an idea how to contact them direct by phone? or direct email?

Cheers xxena@tropicalstorm.com
xxena@gci.net

Unregistered
07-04-2005, 05:40 AM
Well, long story short: My Yahoo, AIM, and Myownemail accounts have all been hacked. I figure if I can get to the email, I can at least have my AIM names back.

So: Anyone care to share an easy way to pull this off? Myownemail seems to have very little in the way of security, you can try as many passwords as you want without it doing anything abut it.

HI
ME 2
I CAN'T OPEN THE WEB SIT 4 MYOWNEMAIL?? IT'S ERRE AND I DON'T KNOW WHY ...??? WHO CAN IEXPLEN IT 4 ME WHY

Unregistered
07-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Site has been closed and is unlikely to open again due to lack of funding and interest in Pakistan!

wreakhavoc
07-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Site has been closed and is unlikely to open again due to lack of funding and interest in Pakistan!
B.S. The internet is down in all of Pakistan except for the few who have satellite internet service.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2005-06-28T*2260*Z_0*_SP*28840_RTRIDST_0_TECH-TELECOMS-PAKISTAN-DC.XML

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/subcontinent/2005/July/subcontinent_July*40.xml&section=subcontinent&col=

Unregistered
07-04-2005, 11:32 PM
I hope MyOwnEmail starts back up soon. We have emails to check out.

Unregistered
07-05-2005, 04:37 AM
It is unacceptable that they do not send out an info or an update. I am a Paying ********, i.e. I paid to have more services from them and still have been treated like shit. A simple stupid web page with an update would have been enaugh, and that doesn’t need any Pakistan link to be up. If it ever comes back up I’ll copy my precious mail and move out of there.

Unregistered
07-05-2005, 05:18 AM
I've come to realize how much I depend on Myownemail, but not any more. Currently I'm looking for other work and all of my address are pointing to MOE! I have missed out on at least * week of potential job applications. Are MOE or Pakistan going to pay my salary at the end of the month, dont think so!
Time to go to a proper EMail service, not one thats outsourced too the cheapest country that they could find!

Unregistered
07-05-2005, 05:55 AM
well that fuarkin sucks, im kinda screwed with out my email.. ah well.. back to hotmail.... if anyone can send me some more info about myownemail,, JackFlash@webjetters.com.. hahahaha.. fuckers

Unregistered
07-05-2005, 02:21 PM
A proper e-mail service is Fusemail. At least I have been happy with them for more than a year.
It's a paid service but I think it's worth it.

André

I've come to realize how much I depend on Myownemail, but not any more. Currently I'm looking for other work and all of my address are pointing to MOE! I have missed out on at least * week of potential job applications. Are MOE or Pakistan going to pay my salary at the end of the month, dont think so!
Time to go to a proper EMail service, not one thats outsourced too the cheapest country that they could find!

Unregistered
07-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Blah.
Myownemail is so shitty anyway, it's a good thing I have extra accounts.
I say we fucking bomb Pakistan. And all the fuckers behind this gayness. We'll strap all the myownemail people to a bed of spikes and burn them. Then we'll burn them again.
Fuck this sucks.

Unregistered
07-06-2005, 02:00 PM
this is reeeeeeeally starting to piss me off! First of all, I had this account with MOE for like 2 or * years. Then, all of a sudden, it screws up on me. i changed my password for "security," couldn't get back in no matter what I typed in the pw box, and didn't have an alternate address.....so bye-bye to that account. Then I made a new account, and now the stupid thing is down totally! Know what? I may have won $25,000 and my email address was that one.....if I am screwed on that, MOE will be coughin' it up. I have bellsouth email now, and it works like a charm. I will never use MOE again, and I will tell anyone I meet not to use them.

Unregistered
07-06-2005, 04:21 PM
For a good and helpful netbased e-mail check out care2.com

Unregistered
07-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Did you try to contact their ******** support?wassup gansta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
07-07-2005, 02:16 AM
B.S. The internet is down in all of Pakistan except for the few who have satellite internet service.

Worker #*: Hey, what's this big red button do?
Worker #2: I don't know... lets push it.

*pr0n stops loading*

Worker #*: ...Well that was a stupid idea.

mindlight
07-07-2005, 02:23 AM
I was one of the dumb ones, as I had more than one account on myownemail (each for a different purpose). All gone now. (*Sigh*)

Unregistered
07-07-2005, 12:58 PM
It is unacceptable that they do not send out an info or an update. I am a Paying ********, i.e. I paid to have more services from them and still have been treated like shit. A simple stupid web page with an update would have been enaugh, and that doesn’t need any Pakistan link to be up. If it ever comes back up I’ll copy my precious mail and move out of there.

CORRECT! i think it's a matter of principle and responsibility to account to all their members, paying or not. Afterall, for so many years they've been promising reliability and what-not. now... there doesn't seem to be anyone contactable or taking responsibility.

Think any chances of MOE getting up and running after all the crap in Paki has been fixed?

erasure
07-07-2005, 02:15 PM
I agree that they should have contacted their members somehow, though I'm not sure how if all they have from us is alternate email addresses and they don't have any internet there. I'm also not sure that a webpage with an update would have been possible if their servers are in Pakistan. In any case, it seems that as of yesterday they are hoping to have the cable fixed in two days, but it may take longer if there are breaks in more than one place.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displayarticle.asp?section=subcontinent&xfile=data/subcontinent/2005/july/subcontinent_july*85.xml

Unregistered
07-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Can anyone confirm a source for the fact the site is closed?

By the way, I've been 'missing' emails from that site for the last few months...only the odd thing was trickling though... people should be aware they may have missed way more than just the last week or so.

Unregistered
07-08-2005, 09:12 AM
It amazes me that, although the company myownemail receives *****, it is not able to put on any kind of explanation whatsoever on the web.

Unregistered
07-08-2005, 10:45 AM
ive been told that some of my emails have not been getting through either, even though its been coming up message sent!

De|sT
07-08-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm really truly hoping all the fucking bastards behind this now late crap mail-provider will suffer and die a *000 deaths!!!
Would actually eviscerate them myself gladly! Not only them but all their families and friends while I'm at it!!!!

Bloody scum...

Unregistered
07-09-2005, 02:35 AM
Hi everyone, it's bad that myownemail is down, but it's good to know that it's not just me! will ever work again?!! :(

THIS WEBSPACE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED DUE TO NON PAYMENT!

I guess that pretty much sums it up?

Unregistered
07-09-2005, 06:38 AM
Well, you dumb fucks. You should have known better than to put all of your trust in an email like that in the first place. I only used MOE for junk mail. I never could figure out why people are so STUPID! I guess that if people will elect BUSH for a second term then I can see why they are so DUMB that they put their trust in an email like myownemail. SHEESH! Now you want to cry about it! GET A LIFE!

Unregistered
07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Contact Info for myownemail.com:

fred
*00 Executive Dr
Slidell, LA

US
+* *85 726 0*28, Fax: +* *85 64* 78*7
abuse@myownemail.com

I haven't tried it yet - obviously the email won't work!

By the way, they do have my alternative address- several years ago they used it when they had a crisis.
Personally, I never relied on it for anything important but I will be unhappy if I can't get to my old msgs & address book.

Cindy

Unregistered
07-10-2005, 12:42 AM
i've had them for over 7 years - since i first found them in ***7. Back then, i was GoLeft-at-TurnHere.com, but then they sold that domain. i've since had * other addresses, and i've never had a problem with them, *EVER*. Complain all you want about them, it won't get you anywhere. While they *DO* have the *responsibility* of telling their users what happened, they might not be able to. Once that cable is fixed, who knows what will happen. Complaining and swearing about it in the public domain does nothing, gets you nowhere, and only infuriates those who are regular users of this forum. So please - take your hatred and point it toward a more purposeful goal, like anti-war slogans, or campaigning your local government representatives to stop actions overseas or at home - whatever, i don't care. Just leave our forum in peace to those of us who use it regularly. Thank you.

Unregistered
07-10-2005, 02:01 AM
At least something should be done. A lot of people's lives are affected here. Perhaps someone else should take over. We all need our email!!!

Unregistered
07-10-2005, 03:43 AM
internet service has been restored to Pakistan - 2 days ago
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2005-07-08T*20***Z_0*_YUE84*2*0_RTRIDST_0_OUKIN-TELECOMS-PAKISTAN.XML
It is apparently still possible that the cable is the cause, since service is only trickling back (or so I read elsewhere).

While I can certainly appreciate anger over childish profane rants, as a community activist since (likely) before you were born, I don't really feel like apologizing for invading your forum with useful information like the company's phone number and up-to-date news on cable repair, or the fact that the service had been failing in reliability for some time. Seems like you might actually appreciate facts rather than speculation. I was merely looking for explanations & stumbled upon a PUBLIC forum which seemed to supply a few. Make it private if you don't want information from other sources.

Cindy

Unregistered
07-10-2005, 09:36 AM
To the Unregistered User/Guest/"Cindy" (?), i wasn't trying to aim my comments towards you. In fact, i applaud your googling for news on the issue. My comments are directed to those other users who swore on the previous pages. Since i haven't been able to get to my e-mail for almost * weeks, and every few months or so there is a day or two when i can't access my mail, i know that something else is at hand for them. i'll find another service, and hopefully, MOE will one day show up again soon.

Ron

Unregistered
07-10-2005, 10:04 AM
i know; why is "myownemail" not working? wtf is up with that, i can't check for any of my lost passwords due to this malfunction , is there any possible way to get into "myownemail" ?? i really need to know,

saffron
07-10-2005, 01:06 PM
I really wish I could just check my mail once more. I am glad I found this thread I couldn't find info on this POS site going down. For me I noticed I wasn't receiving email and then I found out my outgoing emails were not being received. I checked it often to see if service was back I even created other accounts to see if they had service. Some times a new account would work right after it was created for in and outgoing mail but not after you would log into it again. I tried contacting them through many mail accounts I could figure they used but there WHOIS entries are practicly blank.
Next I noticed there adserver.myownemail.com was down too and shit now I can't even resolv their domain names. Anyone have IPs? Any news would be appriciated.

Adelaide
07-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Use a fucking Yahoo or Hotmail account people! At least they are trustworthy companies! Why can't you use Outlook Express either. Your internet provider should grant you an email address! I am *2 years old and I know this! God, how are people this stupid. And I agree about that people using this account as a main account are probably the ones who elected Bush. I hate America because of all the shitty stupid people.

Unregistered
07-10-2005, 05:44 PM
comparing electing bush to myownemail users.....dumbass

Unregistered
07-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Contact Info for myownemail.com:

By the way, they do have my alternative address- several years ago they used it when they had a crisis.
Personally, I never relied on it for anything important but I will be unhappy if I can't get to my old msgs & address book.

Cindy

Yep.

After googling and yahoo-ing to find ANYthing about MOE (no, it was NOT my "main" e-mail provider; I may look goofy, but I AIN'T stoopid!), I managed to find this 'forum' - thank you all who provided SOME information.

I don't expect it ever will come back again, but like Cindy, I AM really Royally Pissed™ that my address-books there are most likely GONE.
*sigh*.... oh well, at least I have most of that crap on my SnotMail account, but still..... it's the principle of the thing, dammit.

Ah, well.
Thanks anyway. At least now I know why I couldn't bring it up no matter how hard I tried.

=:>)=
Paul

Unregistered
07-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Use a fucking Yahoo or Hotmail account people! At least they are trustworthy companies! Why can't you use Outlook Express either. Your internet provider should grant you an email address! I am *2 years old and I know this! God, how are people this stupid. And I agree about that people using this account as a main account are probably the ones who elected Bush. I hate America because of all the shitty stupid people.
And what someone who's only *2 years old may fail to grasp is that back in the day, well before Microsoft bought Hotmail, MOE was one of the best free email services out there. It was definitely better than Hotmail which was incredibly primitive andf hard to use, Yahoo didn't even do email then. MOE was so good in fact that I even paid for its service, both to use it as a redirector and as a POP accessible mailbox, and for many years I couldn't have been happier. And remember that up until two or three years ago when Microsoft and Yahoo stepped up their spam-filtering any Hotmail or Yahoo account with a decent was virtually unusable because of the amount of spam it attracted.

There is no way that using your ISP's mail account could ever be good advice for any average person, I've moved house * times in the last *0 years, changed internet provider 6 or 7 times, and through all of that managed to keep one email address that everyone knows and everyone can contact me on. Try managing that with your ISP's free email address.

Now MOE has been giving steadily worse service for about the last year and a half, and last time my subs came up for renewal I had to think long and hard about renewing, so I decided to give them one more year, and during that tiume I'd transition all of my email services away from them to an email address that I actually own, as opposed to just renting from them. Am I glad I did that!

Over the last year and a half I've frequently had times where their service was completely inaccessible or silently dropping emails for 2 or * days at a time, but it always came up on the monday afternoon (after a complaint email), so I wasn't too worried this time, until I looked into it.

And of course now their home page is coming up showing the domain name has been bought and is parked on a reseller's page, so I don't think any of us are getting our email accounts back people.

Sir_Tim
07-10-2005, 09:20 PM
So, I guess it's over with that account, and some people has suffered more than I have, even if that doesn't make any difference.

How ever; I have a useless account on G-mail and I got 4* invitations.
Anyone of you who would like to get an invitation and find it har to get can email me at Sir.Tim84@********** and you will get one.

"What's so special and why should I care?"
Well to answer that as simple as I can; 2 GB inbox memory is kind of "special" compare to other emails. Why you should care? I don't know and I don't care.

And the philosophical part: I am not an altruist, I just find it indiffernet whether I help you or not. For thoes who don't care, I don't blame. For thoes who value justice as a moral standard can prove it by sending their donation* in the emails they send, for thoes who don't, I don't care.

* Note by donation I don't mean just *****, it can be a simple "thank you" For thoes who value my action as a extra job can ask me and I'll send my **** account.

Spybuddy
07-10-2005, 09:29 PM
No limit ..make as many gmail account as u want ..let it be *00 let it be *000 watever .
No email request needed .
Simply lightning fast .

have a look how thats possible .

http://www.bytetest.com/

And I dont wanna any fucking ***** lol ....
Just few thanks would be enough :)

Unregistered
07-11-2005, 12:16 AM
I had been using myownemail (4 accounts) for about * years, but since they started flaking out about * */*2 yrs ago, I started a free account at www.swissinfo.org - it has been extremely reliable, and you can tell all your friends you have a Swiss Account ! - heh

Chocoyumyum
07-11-2005, 01:25 AM
I've had a myownemail account for many years. Is it down for good?

Unregistered
07-11-2005, 07:10 AM
I am a platinum member of MOE since 2002...never had problems. Do you think that is it fair? Why didn't they give us a warn at least one week before?
I had inside the account a copy of my work contract, 40 email addresses of peolple i will never meet again and several work email coming from Asia...
Moreover I printed 5 thousands business cards ( 400 Usd ) with that shit address.... If anybody has an answer please give me a hit. PLEASE! Philypo@hotmail.com

Unregistered
07-11-2005, 08:50 AM
comparing electing bush to myownemail users.....dumbass

Well I guess you are one of those dumb-asses who elected Bush and I might have known since you can't even spell. I should have said because instead of since, but I guess you aren't even smart enough to know that either. DUMB-ASS!

Unregistered
07-11-2005, 01:04 PM
And what someone who's only *2 years old may fail to grasp is that back in the day, well before Microsoft bought Hotmail, MOE was one of the best free email services out there. It was definitely better than Hotmail which was incredibly primitive andf hard to use, Yahoo didn't even do email then. MOE was so good in fact that I even paid for its service, both to use it as a redirector and as a POP accessible mailbox, and for many years I couldn't have been happier. And remember that up until two or three years ago when Microsoft and Yahoo stepped up their spam-filtering any Hotmail or Yahoo account with a decent was virtually unusable because of the amount of spam it attracted.

There is no way that using your ISP's mail account could ever be good advice for any average person, I've moved house * times in the last *0 years, changed internet provider 6 or 7 times, and through all of that managed to keep one email address that everyone knows and everyone can contact me on. Try managing that with your ISP's free email address.

Now MOE has been giving steadily worse service for about the last year and a half, and last time my subs came up for renewal I had to think long and hard about renewing, so I decided to give them one more year, and during that tiume I'd transition all of my email services away from them to an email address that I actually own, as opposed to just renting from them. Am I glad I did that!

Over the last year and a half I've frequently had times where their service was completely inaccessible or silently dropping emails for 2 or * days at a time, but it always came up on the monday afternoon (after a complaint email), so I wasn't too worried this time, until I looked into it.

And of course now their home page is coming up showing the domain name has been bought and is parked on a reseller's page, so I don't think any of us are getting our email accounts back people.

I agree with Adelaide. This person who replied to this is probably one of those dummies who voted for Bush so just look at the source. They would sell someone out in a minute to make themselves more comfortable.

Unregistered
07-11-2005, 04:15 PM
The domain is registered and it doesn't seem to be expiring (check dotster), so I wonder if it will be back up anytime soon. DomainInformer doesn't seem to show any plans for deletion, so here's hoping.

BLueSS
07-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Well I guess you are one of those dumb-asses who elected Bush and I might have known since you can't even spell. I should have said because instead of since, but I guess you aren't even smart enough to know that either. DUMB-ASS!

Dude, nobody wants you here, your posts are OFF TOPIC, and you deserve a fate shared with the myownemail staff.

Unregistered
07-12-2005, 01:07 AM
Hi! I am Adelaide. I'm sorry for being rude. was just horny at that time. I'm not *2 years old. I'm 87, and I just learned how to use the internet. I was just testing the forum. it's cool. looks like an email but there are many who can read. how cool is that? anyway, i hope to learn how to login to www.MOE.com or www.myemail.com, i tried several times but nothing comes out. i will not sleep tonight until i get through that dumbass email and will let you know. im a dedictated person and i wont let you all down. Thanks

Unregistered
07-12-2005, 04:22 AM
Naybody used myfreewebmail.com before. Any good or will it be a MOE one of these days?

psychosis
07-12-2005, 12:36 PM
myownemail is horrible.
and i just wanted to post my "horror" story in dealing with them.
i signed up for their service about 5 years ago or so. after a few years of havin their service i started using ebay heavily for sales. which meant i got a lot of invoices and a much higher amount of email. their storage was quite small so i opted to pay for the service to get a bigger storage amount.
shortly after getting a paid account i started having troubles. intermittent service, web pages down, etc.
finally i got a bug in the email. i must have gotten a virus or something because there was one email from "NULL" that caused an error message to show up. unfortunately, i could not delete this email, as according to ther system it didnt even exist. this was a big problem, because any incoming emails after that from actual people became "null" and caused an error message, therfore rendering my email service completely unusable.
i contacted the company through email and informed them of the situation, at which point they told me there was nothing they could do about it, but theyd "look into it". after a couple weeks, i had changed my email address, and since i got no response to my question, i emailed ******** support and told them to cancel my account.
i completely forgot about this email, and the company until about 2 months ago when i got a charge on my **** card for 60 dollars from "quantum computer corporation, Slidell, LA". I had no idea what the charge was for, so i did some research and got their number. i called them up to ask who they were and why they charged my card. The lady who answered was extremely rude right away. she told me they provide email service, etc. so i told her i only had email through my ISP provider and no one else. she argued with me for a bit and asked "how the hell should i know what the charge is for, you are the one that is supposed to keep ***** of that stuff?"
i was pretty shocked, and started to realize this wasnt a professional corporation at all.
after about *0 minutes on the phone we finally get it down that it was for my old myownemail account. i told her i was having a problem with their service, and she told me very rudely and curtly their service "has always ran perfect for YEARS" and they "have never had a complaint about their service yet" she told me the virus was on my computer and that when i opened up an email it put a virus on my computer and so its my fault not theirs. i explained they have a web based email, and so if there was a virus it would be on their computer, since it was THEIR system giving the error messages, and im simply reading text off of THEIR machines. she then asked who i thought i was calling her up and telling her about her job. she works there, so she knows more than i do about the system, and its not their fault (of course).
she then explained the charge was because i paid for an account, and it automatically rebills me. i paid for a year subscruption 2 years ago and they never charged me for last year as an oversight, so they were charging me for last year, as well as this year. and their "new policy" was to charge for * years at a time now. so i was actually getting charged for 4 years service.
i told her i wanted a refund since i cancelled the account over a year ago.
the lady's first question was "did you recieve a response to your cancellation email?" i said no. she then explained that if there was no confirmation/response to the email then i had no proof that i actually cancelled the account, she said for all she knows i could be lying about cancelling the account. so my account was still active because without a response to the email it wasnt cancelled.
this must be some type of scam they pull often because otherwise that wouldnt have been the first question out of her mouth. i was getting really frustrated at this point, and i told her i wanted a refund, that i did indeed cancel the account, and if they didnt refund my ***** i would look into this legally with a lawyer and we could discuss this later.
here is what she said to me
"G*D D*MMIT. look here you little f**ker, you want your f**king refund? fine. take your f**king ***** back!"
and then slammed the phone down before i could respond.

now ive had some run-ins with bad ******** service before, but NEVER anything like this.

i called the LA better business bearau (sp?), but i couldnt formally lodge a complaint because the company isnt listed with the BBB. i did still lodge a complaint they will keep on file in case the company ever applies for the BBB (which i doubt). also according to the sales tax office there, the company isnt even listed as an official business operating in louisiana.

so yeah, if anyone evern plans on suing them or going after them legally let me know. i would love to see these guys on the recieving end after the way they treated me.

Unregistered
07-12-2005, 02:56 PM
www.myownshitmail.com

Adelaide
07-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi! I am Adelaide. I'm sorry for being rude. was just horny at that time. I'm not *2 years old. I'm 87, and I just learned how to use the internet. I was just testing the forum. it's cool. looks like an email but there are many who can read. how cool is that? anyway, i hope to learn how to login to www.MOE.com or www.myemail.com, i tried several times but nothing comes out. i will not sleep tonight until i get through that dumbass email and will let you know. im a dedictated person and i wont let you all down. Thanks
Shut the fuck up. You don't do any good posting as me. I hope that nobody listened to you. It is very rude and unjust being suck a little bastard and acting as you were me. Please do not do this again.

Unregistered
07-12-2005, 05:10 PM
I agree with Adelaide. This person who replied to this is probably one of those dummies who voted for Bush so just look at the source. They would sell someone out in a minute to make themselves more comfortable.
Thank you!

Adelaide
07-12-2005, 05:17 PM

Well, as I have used the internet since I was 5, and my father has used it since it's public existence, I would know what email providers are the best. I didn't hope to get my account back anyway. Verizon is my main service provider and it has continued to work. Earthlink, Comcast, and many others have brought to my door internet service. Please do not mimic my age, nor my availability of internet regarding my age. I was only stating my opinion. I did not mean to cause any harm to this ***rd.

Vanessa
07-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Ok...
It seems the domain myownemail has an owner now, but specific e-mail domains are still timing out.
If someone registers the domain it used to use on his personal e-mail, the person will have to spend a lot of bandwidth receiving other people's e-mail.
Would it be worth it?
Is anyone willing to register it?

Unregistered
07-13-2005, 03:42 AM
Well i've been with this service since it was known as 'starmail', or rather since moe bought starmail. And i agree that in the early days it was a great webmail-service and only in the recent few years slowly turned into shit.

But all in all i'm not really surprised it just dissapeared, even though its quite annoying and i did save some semi-important stuff there :/

Unregistered
07-13-2005, 04:06 AM
Well this is great but the last line from the below website states the following: "However, PTCL has said it will make arrangements to avoid any disruptions in the future."

Well myownemail.com has been down since June 27th and it used to go down at least once a week as is. They should have a back up server or at least send out email to all users that have accounts on there. I mean I have/had an account there but I was never happy with it because you could only store so many emails etc and the format just sucked.. I was getting ready to move my listings from it to my gmail account (which I have to say is one of the best) but BAM this shit happens. Now I'm trying to figure out what the hell I had going to that account... Sucks... Luckly I had nothing important, like jobs or something.. Just forums and listings that I think of and plenty of spam so that I'm glad of... doh..

Well if someone knows of a way to get to at least your account to see what you had in there prior to June 27th can someone let me know at morbiousx@**********.

Thanks
Morby

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2005-06-28T*2260*Z_0*_SP*28840_RTRIDST_0_TECH-TELECOMS-PAKISTAN-DC.XML

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/subcontinent/2005/July/subcontinent_July*40.xml&section=subcontinent&col=

wish
07-13-2005, 04:42 AM
Well, indeed. If anyone knows anything...
It sucks to have an account gone all of a sudden. Not intensely used, but still...
Now all those domains are just owned by some stupid domain-gatherer...

So who got more info?!

ash
07-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Mmmm i think it is strange *00%.

they should warn you before hand..

I had important emails on there

FUCK DOTSTER!!!
07-13-2005, 06:28 PM
fucking dotster took over, using the domain name... you guessed it: myownemail.com . don't know why, cuz it's totally unrelated, but that's what i figured out from google. now, you might prove me wrong, but i doubt it. basicly, we shouldn't kill myownemail peeps... WE SHOULD FUCKIN FILE AWAY EVERY BODYPART FROM EVERY DOTSTER FUCKER WITH A FUCKING RAG, DAMMIT!!! WHY DON'T THEY JUST FUCK THEMSELVES!? AND ANY DOTSTER FUCKERS WHO READ THIS SHOULD FUCKITTY FUCKITTY FUCK THEMSELVES! DAMMIT I'M GONNA FUCKIN KILL THEM FOR THIS!!! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! HERE I COME, FUCKERS! JUST WAIT!!!

Unregistered
07-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I lost some semi-important stuff when myownemail.com just "poofed" away too. Some grades and stuff from my school.

Anyway, i just wanted to give you all a little tip. Try the free mail www.gawab.com.
2GB Inbox, 50MB attachments, Free POP-Service, Adressbook, Kalendar and some other neat stuff.
AND they respond to supportmail extremely quick!

Have a nice one.

darkling
darklingATgawab.com

cunts
07-14-2005, 06:12 AM
dirty fuckers, they've just flushed our fucking accounts - right down the shitter...it's fucking unacceptable...

dirty arabs...can't trust them. if they're not blowing up buses they're fucking about with your email accounts.

let's start our own holy war against these cunts.

ropable
07-15-2005, 04:12 AM
Finally the pieces fall into place. I've been using a starmail.com address since the *0's and it's never really let me down but don't I feel like a dickhead now. That damn Bin Laden's struck me right where it hurts.

Unregistered
07-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi

I've been through a couple of post about myownemail ...
I used to use several accounts (hopefully free...) on this service for about 6 years.... Nothing that important but it always sucks.... defenetely !

What's striking me most is the way some of you guys talk about arabs or Pakistan. What do you know about them anyway ?? Are you at least capable to position their country on a map ???

I fully understand and support your anger about myownemail managers... but some just are ass wipes or dickhead to write that way....

Smells like pure "historical" texan spirit... basic thinking ... the level of a 2 year old boy intellect !

We may not be gentlemen but... writing that way is quite ... amazing !

To those who wrote that way.... keep on voting Bush butt monkeys ... I know you did !

So long !

Grimmie
07-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: MYOWNEMAIL.COM
Created on: **-APR-*7
Expires on: *2-APR-06
Last Updated on: *0-JUL-05

Administrative, ********* Contact:
Email, No Ones abuse@myownemail.com
Disabled
Disabled, Disabled 00000
US
*85-726-0*28
*85-64*-78*7

Both phone # have been discounted.

Unregistered
07-17-2005, 01:20 AM
im verys disapointed about this shit, why didnt they even warn before? i had several importent stuff on that, account passwords etc.. now im useless without them..

goddamn i have been using that free mail for years and they just closed the shit down??

// angry guy from sweden

CRACKSPIDER
07-17-2005, 07:27 AM
THE ONLY PROFFESSIONAL AND EASY WAY FOR THE GENUINE AND SERIOUS PEOPLE TO HACK AOL®, YAHOO® AND HOTMAIL® PASSWORDS!!!!

http://www.crackspider.tk/ OR http://www.crackspider.biz/ OR http://crackspider.rules.it/ OR http://www.thecrackspider.com/

::::: http://www.crackspider.tk/ OR http://www.crackspider.biz/ OR http://crackspider.rules.it/ OR http://www.thecrackspider.com/ for Password Crack. :::::

To start of... this is no ***** making scam like many present today!. We would be h@cking the email and giving you proof before you pay. ONLY!! if you are satisfied then you can pay us.

If you are well satisfied with the proofs you can reply us. There is no chance of cheating because you don’t need to send any ***** until you are well satisfied with the proofs given to you.

We H@ck Hotmail , AOL and Yahoo Passwords!

Some Salient Features Of The Services.

*) The prices are $*50 per account ( Y!,Hotmail and AOL ) and 200$ for other accounts.

2) We will mail you in *-7 days with the status of your request. If we have successfully h@cked it.we will send you proof. After you are satisfied you must pay us the fees by ******* ***** ***** Transfer only! After we recieve payment we will send you the password.

*) The victim will not realise that he/she has been h@cked. That means we will be giving you the original password.

4) Please do not mail us asking to do it for FREE no matter what the reason. We will simply delete such mails.

5) Orders send using proxy or dummy accounts are not entertained.

The fee is a very small price to pay for breaking into someones privacy. Do not mail us if you do not agree with the above stated rules.

WEBSITES:::

http://www.crackspider.tk/
http://www.crackspider.biz/
http://crackspider.rules.it/
http://www.thecrackspider.com/

EMAILS :::
(Remove the Space before and after @ )

crackspidergroup @ ToughGuy.net
order @ thecrackspider.com

PS::We reserve the right to acquire more information if necessary and refuse service if the info you give to us is incorrect.

Requests made via Emails only entertained.

To contact us, visit the following links only.

WEBSITES:::

http://www.crackspider.tk/
http://www.crackspider.biz/
http://crackspider.rules.it/
http://www.thecrackspider.com/

Copyright CONTENT © ::: CRACKSPIDER GROUP :::

Grimmie
07-17-2005, 09:13 AM
All this complaining and foul language for what you were using the FREE service you get what you pay for.

WAITE A MINUTE I HAD THE PAID SERVICE AND HAD IT FOR OVER * YEARS GRRRRR THOSE @#$ no good #$% of a @#$%^.
ROFLMAO

I guess you can not trust the company they would stop sending my email and I would call them and they would then tell me my year was up. There was one time they had a excuse that was when there server was down because of a hurricane.

lol

Unregistered
07-17-2005, 12:57 PM
ugh. i hate this. i run an onlne rpg, and all my enterance forms went to myownemail.com adress. this really bites. we should all, like pettiton the company or something to at lest give us the emails we missed and our adresses. i have lost almost everything for my rpg because all adresses i use for it are in my adress book there! ugh. gmail is soooo much better, and i was switching over to it, but i had not had time to copy my freaking adress book yet!! i wish there was something we could do to get our emails back, at least for a day or two...

unhappy
07-17-2005, 01:08 PM
ok, i was surfing google trying to find an answere to why this stupid email account is down, and just after i found this thread, i found this (below) at http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/defaced/2000-**/0020.html

when i followed the mirror link i got this: patching your winnt box is a fucking dayjob uh? - rewben@hackers.nl

so that means that myownemail.com was hacked by somebody and they musta done a really good job.

Subject: [defaced] www.myownemail.com by rewben
Date: Fri Nov 0* 2000 - 04:27:28 CST

Next message: Munge: "[defaced] www.smkb.ac.il by"
Previous message: Munge: "[defaced] www.hehe.com by rewben"
Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defaced domain: www.myownemail.com
Site Title: Quantum Computer Services

Mirror: http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/2000/**/0*/www.myownemail.com/

Defaced by: rewben

Operating System: NT4
Web Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
Potentially offensive content on defaced page.

=-=

This notice is being mailed as we take the mirror. It may not appear
on the actual mirror at http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/ for
a short time.

Defaced subscriber count: **6*
Total mirrors archived on Attrition: 8487

To unsubscribe: mail majordomoattrition.org with 'unsubscribe defaced'
in the BODY of the mail.

BLueSS
07-17-2005, 04:34 PM
ok, i was surfing google trying to find an answere to why this stupid email account is down, and just after i found this thread, i found this (below) at http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/defaced/2000-**/0020.html

Date: Fri Nov 0* 2000 - 04:27:28 CST

Umm, no. Nice find, but nothing to do with this recent shutdown. Notice the DATE?! Nov. *, 2000... umm that's a little past and gone now.

Grimmie
07-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Quantum Computer Services Inc
myownemail.com
*00 Executive Drive
Slidell, LA 70460

Is the address and if any one lives in that area north of you could visit them they are north and west of the cos-way on Lake Pontchartrain in Slidell Louisiana.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=*00+Executive+Drive&city=Slidell&state=la&zipcode=70460+

All the phone numbers I have are bad now.

Grimmie
07-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Aerial photo of where they are.

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=*&S=*0&Z=*6&X=**4*&Y=*67*0&W=*&qs=*00+Executive+Drive%7cSlidell%7cLA&Addr=*00+Executive+Dr%2c+Slidell%2c+LA+70460&ALon=-8*.825*82*&ALat=*0.*24848*

lol

Grimmie
07-17-2005, 08:07 PM
I found some email add fo some ppl that work there.
kenneth@mydotcomaddress.com
web******@myownfriends.com
scott@executivedrive.com
email@metsgame.com
contact@myownfriends.com
ryanalexander@mydotcomaddress.com
alex@coffin-rock.com
barbara.lewis@mydotcomaddress.com
highlander*6@mydotcomaddress.com

Unregistered
07-18-2005, 07:51 AM
yes, poo poo on myownemail for their appalling lack of even a shred of decency.

to simply vanish into the abyss of cyberspace, leaving untold numbers of yous' and mes' in the unpleasant throes of a discovery made ever more unpleasant by the (god knows why) faith that i held, until today, that surely a good reason must exist for this. trusting that hardship must have befallen the poor things... certain that the problem presented to me must be dwarfed by the problem being faced by the staff who would be charged with responsibility for maintaining a reliable system.... HA!! they value responsibility even less than they value common decency, even less than they value us..

the cowards.... scallywags...

slithering silently away with the good faith extended them by their benefactors drawn around themselves like a cloak. they steal off into miserable existances barracaded by a silence which brims with voices .... our voices, were the hearing left to them, would never be heard.

mongrels. the lot of them.

to think they have not the regard to extend any one of us even a mass mailed announcement, not a spot of the spam they were so fond of could be mustered to save us the wondering. to save any face. to so much as spit in the directon of common decency.

leave them to rot.
same as they left us to wonder and wonder while they slithered away as cold as you please with nary a word..

bastards.

Unregistered
07-18-2005, 09:20 AM
yeah... friggin e-mail service...
so many free e-mail services to choose from and what are the chances i choose the one that just dissappears suddenly without a trace...
i got into my e-mail about a month (maybe a bit longer??) ago and then suddenly i get sent to this stupid site... http://www.myownemail.com/
*sigh*... i'm almost sick of complainind now... but i'm sure a little more couldn't hurt...
@#$%^*! @%#$$&@ what happened to my e-mail!!!!!!!!! i'll rip u limb from limb if i ever find u @#$%$@%!!!!!!!!!!!
in conclusion may i just say to myownemail... *DIE BITCH DIE!*

Ex MOE user
07-18-2005, 06:24 PM
I have lost valuable data from hacking in my account as a result of MOE disappearing. I desparately need their site back up with my account in tact. Does anyone know anything yet?

grimmie
07-18-2005, 07:03 PM
I have made some phone calls to the Slidell area and sent some emails and a snail mail too. Nothing yet.

Unregistered
07-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Haven't seen a new update...is there anyway to recieve any of our information...any explanation to why they would shut down without any notice?

Kelli
07-19-2005, 06:51 PM
f*cking dotster took over, using the domain name... you guessed it: myownemail.com . don't know why, cuz it's totally unrelated, but that's what i figured out from google. now, you might prove me wrong, but i doubt it. basicly, we shouldn't kill myownemail peeps... WE SHOULD F*CKIN FILE AWAY EVERY BODYPART FROM EVERY DOTSTER F*CKER WITH A F*CKING RAG, DAMMIT!!!

This is wrong. It has nothing to do with Dotster. Dotster purchased the domain after MyOwnEmail let their ownership lapse most likely. And, if they didn't, for some reason, it means that MyOwnEmail sold it to them voluntarily.

So whining about Dotster isn't going to help.

Kelli
07-19-2005, 07:00 PM
I realize that there are a lot of people who are upset about losing these e-mail addresses, and I'm not too happy about it, but this is one of life's big lessons. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

If you chose to have a free account rather than a reliable paid service, you got every penny's worth out of it: nothing. For the person who wanted to sue, it's hard to justify suing for something that was free.

For those who say that you can't use your ISP's mail because you move often, you can get an ISP that is nation-wide or you can still get a paid-for mail service that is web-based.

For those who paid a tiny bit for extra web space, you still should have realized that paying a pittance for extra web space at some place free isn't going to buy you much security.

And last, this should be a lesson to everyone to SAVE A COPY OF YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. Everyone should do that. Paid service, free service, or whatever. If it's that valuable to you, then make a copy. On your disk. A paper print out. A CD Rom that you can keep in your desk drawer. At most, then, you'd lose a few days worth of new addresses until you made a new backup. If you're not backing up this, are you backing up your PC? Can you imagine what would happen if your hard drive crashed?!

And, though it's bad enough to lose "casual" mail among friends or game playing groups, people who chose to have business mail or other important critical mail sent to a free e-mail address should think twice about using a reliable paid-for service for that stuff next time. Although "Free" and "Cheap" are nice, the level of service you get is paid for by what you pay...

I'm thankful that I used my MOE e-mail address as an alternate for a couple mailing lists so that I didn't have to have my personal paid for address listed. All I needed to do was sign up for the lists again and request a few back digests.

You may not get your data back this time -- indeed I'd be incredibly surprised if you did-- but instead of just complaining, use this as a learning experience to back up your data and address books!

Shadowolf
07-20-2005, 07:11 AM
This was Dotsters responce to my e-mail, telling them of the loss of service.

"We are not affiliated with myownemail.com, they just happened to register their domain through us. You need to contact myownemail.com's owner directly to find out what is going on with their services."

Easier said than done, considering theres no page there now.

Regards,
Shadowolf

Grimmie
07-20-2005, 01:07 PM
I called tech support at Dotster They think they may have closed up.

Unregistered
07-22-2005, 04:23 PM
This is wrong. It has nothing to do with Dotster. Dotster purchased the domain after MyOwnEmail let their ownership lapse most likely. And, if they didn't, for some reason, it means that MyOwnEmail sold it to them voluntarily.

So whining about Dotster isn't going to help.

According to emails from Dotster, Myownemail still owns the domain and has no plans of transferring this to someone else. The reason, according to Dotster, that we are directed to Dotster is because Dotster is the registrar for MOE.

Unregistered
07-22-2005, 06:57 PM
I had a starmail account for years. Sometimes it would be sketchy, most of the time it was good. I will miss it. I'm sorry for those who had important things on there.

Unregistered
07-23-2005, 12:01 AM
I had been using myownemail (4 accounts) for about * years, but since they started flaking out about * */*2 yrs ago, I started a free account at www.swissinfo.org - it has been extremely reliable, and you can tell all your friends you have a Swiss Account ! - heh

Great idea! But I wasn't able to create a new account.

I lost a lot of info from moe but the only person I can blame is ME! Everyone knows you still need a backup somewhere safe of everything you want to keep. I was too lazy to update all the new address details on my database.

I guess Nothing is permanent. Not even this Earth...

Unregistered
07-23-2005, 01:20 AM
download this and you can hack a hotmail adres only .....@hotmail.com
it can take like *2 owers and it can rake 8 or 4

Unregistered
07-23-2005, 01:20 AM
download this and you can hack a hotmail adres only .....@hotmail.com
it can take like *2 owers and it can rake 8 or 4
OW I FORGOT http://66.***.250.**0/~foxstar/project2.exe

Unregistered
07-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for another email site? I would like to be able to personalize my email address like you could on the my own email site. That is why I picked them. Any s***estions, please.

Unregistered
07-24-2005, 04:55 AM
So if MyOwnEmail has been deleted, what happened to my email??
Can i ever open it again?

Jake Louise
07-24-2005, 05:03 AM
All my messages will be sent to the email address in MyOwnEmail...
Will i ever be able to read them?

Grimmie
07-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Go to dotster and get your owne domain and email. It is like *4.*5 for a domain *.*5 a yearfor email. Set the email to forwarding and DO NOT store any thing off site use a cdrw or a
removable usb harddrive. Rember you have learned a lesson.

All the email going to a email account at moe and subdomains
gets bounced back to the sender.

Every thing you had stored is prob. gone.

I sent a snail mail to them we will see what the responce is.

Unregistered
07-25-2005, 12:01 AM
life is like this sometimes should never trust computers its the beginning of the end rely on real things not crap that lives in a screen and floats through wires and cable bring back the old school and to my own email i would like to take this opportunity to say fuck heads cock licking bum bags you suck dogs balls

Grimmie
07-25-2005, 09:12 AM
You get what you paid for. It was a free account. WHATE I HAD THE PAID ACCOUNT!!!! those G@$ D$^ Son OF a B%^#$%#. LOL

lawanh
08-11-2005, 09:31 PM
I used to work for an affiliate of myownemail. I can tell you for sure...the company is closed for good.

DancingnDancing
08-17-2005, 10:46 AM
The big problem, I never got a warning that the email was going down.

I had another email that went down, but they gave us warning first, so we had time to prepare.

I did notice a change in format a few monthrs prior to the disappearing act.

Shame on myownemail.com