PDA

View Full Version : cmd.exe shutdowns pc on start up

Onis
06-18-2005, 01:17 PM
i have seem to be infected with a virus but all my searches are showing me noting cmd.exe starts up with my winxp pops up a dos screen gives it the cmd shutdown follow by -0 -* something else it happens extremely fast ive found that this only happens at start up and does not repert it self beccause i am able to use my computer after a few attempts of end task and watching the processes for cmd.exe for a few times it was named shutdown.exe but after i messed with it a few times it changed into cmd.exe the same day this all started to happened i lost 2 audio drivers but i fixed them easily its really cmd.exe and im racking my brain trying to tear apart system*2 for infected files i have nortin anti-virus trojan remover

SyntaXmasteR
06-19-2005, 01:28 AM
This is a perfect example of why you need to always keep your critical window updates updated. Next time your computer starts up and the shutdown command is initiated open cmd.exe - type "shutdown /a" to abort the shutdown.

If your computer does not give you enough time to do this start it up in safe mode. Check your msconfig and registry for malicious keys. Run your Norton(UPDATED). That should do it for ya~