PDA

View Full Version : How 2 trace IP addrs, someone forging my info

dstanley
01-21-2006, 04:13 PM
I have someone (obtained my info illegally & got my email address) now signing me up for 50 sites online. I have their IP address now I want to trace them to use this against them. Ho wcan I trace an IP address. Thanks

Stanley

Alucard
01-23-2006, 10:13 AM
I have someone (obtained my info illegally & got my email address) now signing me up for 50 sites online. I have their IP address now I want to trace them to use this against them. Ho wcan I trace an IP address. Thanks

Stanley

go to www.ip2location.com and type he ip in the box. or use the tool box in his site type that guys/girls ip in the smartwhois box it will tell u. :cool:

Ezekiel
01-23-2006, 11:51 AM

Stanley

Yeah, the two sites I use the most are

http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp
http://www.ripe.net/

But there are hundreds of sites that will locate an ip for you, like this site, all-nettools.com I think. As I have said before, an ip will not give you an exact location, only the isp location, or whoever it's registered to. This will almost always tell you country, probably give you an approximate area, but not exact, maybe with smaller isps it will give you town. So don't go calling the police and tell them that this the person who hacked you lives at ______ then they will go to your isp's address. The best thing you can do now is contact their isp (which you will get from the ip, try www.ripe.net for details), then they can probably help you if he has been abusing his internet connection by signing you up for stuff or whatever.

joni
01-27-2013, 06:01 AM

Stanley

If you want to trace someones IP you should know the location of the IP. For that visit the site Ip-Details.com here they also provide country, ISP provider address, latitude and longitude. To know the whois information of that IP address visit the site WhoisXY.com .