PDA

View Full Version : * Cool Button Tool (Newbie needs help)

Oldtimer
01-18-2013, 11:47 AM
I purchased this program 5 years ago. Several times over these years, and following system crashes, I would easily download a ***** copy and install. A window would appear with a "Fingerprint Number". Then, logging into their site, I would identify myself and come to a screen where I entered that Fingerprint Number and click "Save". A message was returned that said

"Your license details have been updated. An email has been sent to you with your new unlocking code(s)".

I would then post this updated number into the "nag screen" and all permissions were given and the 20 day "shareware" was removed. Now, it is certain to me that, although I can still access my account, all support is gone. I still get the message I mentioned above, but no emails are sent. The ******** support email link is also bad. I knew a couple years ago that the company had probably "gone under", but they still maintained the site for their ********s. Now, nothing but a loop.

If this was pretty-much any other program, I would not bother. This program, however, is one I have used for years and will really miss it unless I can find a way around this.

Someone recommended this site as a possible solution. I sure hope so. Thanks.

gordo
01-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Looks like the company finally went belly up. There is probably nothing you can do. Maybe another poster can help.

Oldtimer
01-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Looks like the company finally went belly up. There is probably nothing you can do. Maybe another poster can help.

I have the installer. Am I off base that maybe someone could crack it? I'd be willing to pay something.