PDA

View Full Version : Create a link that asks you to open a file when clicked

Whitecrow
06-15-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm wondering if anyone out there knows how to create a link that when you click it asks you if you want to save or open the file. Most sites that I upload files on, when it gives you a link you have to wait like *0 seconds before you download the file. I just want a link that when someone clicks it immediatly asks you if you want to save or open the file.

any* know any sites that allow you to create such thing? or any other ideas on how to do it?

Ezekiel
06-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm wondering if anyone out there knows how to create a link that when you click it asks you if you want to save or open the file. Most sites that I upload files on, when it gives you a link you have to wait like *0 seconds before you download the file. I just want a link that when someone clicks it immediatly asks you if you want to save or open the file.

any* know any sites that allow you to create such thing? or any other ideas on how to do it?

I'm guessing you uploaded to sites like megaupload.com and rapidshare.de? Sites like that make you wait before downloading so you can be shown their ads (and earn them ***** to pay for the hosting), and there is not much you can do about that. Sites that offer '* click hosting' are always going to have a waiting period before downloads, so you need to get yourself some real web hosting space - there are many websites offering free hosting.

Halla
06-16-2006, 03:02 PM
If you were to get a free hosting service, like netfast.org or even something like oddworldz or angelfire you can upload the files you want and simply link to the file directly... for example:

http://www.informationleak.net/pr0g/HE2.0*.zip

and there you have it.

(be aware some of these hosts I mentioned may have restrictions on file size and bandwidth, and others may not work from a link and youd have to paste the location directly into the browser so look around for one that suits you)

Hope that helps.