PDA

View Full Version : NeoOffice/J Help

mach6+N
06-20-2006, 08:26 AM
I make my NeoOffice/J websites fine, no html needed but how can I change the name of my website so it can be .com or .org instead of .html?

Ezekiel
06-20-2006, 11:11 AM
I make my NeoOffice/J websites fine, no html needed but how can I change the name of my website so it can be .com or .org instead of .html?

.html is a file extension. .org and .com are top level domains. Am I missing something here?

x Jessica x
06-20-2006, 11:48 AM

Well if you have a .com or .org domain surely viewers will go directly to your index.html page. I'm not really sure what you mean if i'm honest or else i'd try and help :)

SyntaXmasteR
06-20-2006, 11:54 AM
I make my NeoOffice/J websites fine, no html needed.

Dont know what this guy is rambling about... seems to ramble on a lot of post. I've deleted about 20 of them.

HTML is not related to .com - If you build a webpage without html i would really like to see this web page of yours.

If you would like me to register a domain for you and point it to your website I will do it for a paypal donaion of $20. Just let me know the IP of your host and the domain name you would like to purchase. Do you want the registration to be public or private, does it matter? PM me and I will give you the paypal account info.

Maybe this is his problem: He types www.whatever.com and is directed to www.whatever.com/index.html - This is an IIS issue that can only be corrected on the server using a *0* redirect. I can also correct this for you...

Ezekiel
06-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Dont know what this guy is rambling about... seems to ramble on a lot of post. I've deleted about 20 of them.

HTML is not related to .com - If you build a webpage without html i would really like to see this web page of yours.

If you would like me to register a domain for you and point it to your website I will do it for a paypal donaion of $20. Just let me know the IP of your host and the domain name you would like to purchase. Do you want the registration to be public or private, does it matter? PM me and I will give you the paypal account info.

Maybe this is his problem: He types www.whatever.com and is directed to www.whatever.com/index.html - This is an IIS issue that can only be corrected on the server using a *0* redirect. I can also correct this for you...

What makes you think he uses IIS? As of may 2006, apache holds around 64% of the http server market, and is most likely what is being used on his hosting. And yeah, i'm still trying to figure out what he actually meant with his post. I think he needs to explain more - what exactly do html documents have to do with domain names? If he wants to not have to type in the whole file name whenever visiting his site (www.site.com/index.html), web servers serve the index.html page as default whenever someone accesses the site by it's domain name (www.site.com), so typing that would be equal to typing the whole URL. Also, web servers can be configured to serve different pages as the default, index.htm, index.html, index.php, etc.

cyberpc
06-23-2006, 02:18 PM

I have NeoOffice/J and use it for my webpages but I think mach6+N made a mistake. Html is needed but NeoOffice/J writes it for you for example, instead of having to type b (in brackets) if you want bold you just click on the button that says B and NeoOffice/J will write the html for you but also, to turn bold print off, ([/b]) you click on the B button again. It was just a mistake.

cyberpc
06-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Becuase it is html and also, the photo's you place thier are from your file that's why it might say stuff like for the url of the webpage ex: /Users//cyberpc//myvacationtomaladives.html but, it is still a webpage, and you should feel proud of designing it yourself.