PDA

View Full Version : True Hacking - How is it done?

Shivar
07-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi,
I'm ** years old, to begin with, so sorry in advance if this question seems a bit foolish.

Currently I am learning C/C++ through a book, and so far I'm somehwat-advanced and have a good basic foundation knowledge of C programming. Also, I'm trying to learn Python, Html & CSS from a few tutorials. Hopefully upon completing these, I will expand to learn more languages.

So how exactly do you "hack" with these ? How is it done?

Ezekiel
07-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi,
I'm ** years old, to begin with, so sorry in advance if this question seems a bit foolish.

Currently I am learning C/C++ through a book, and so far I'm somehwat-advanced and have a good basic foundation knowledge of C programming. Also, I'm trying to learn Python, Html & CSS from a few tutorials. Hopefully upon completing these, I will expand to learn more languages.

So how exactly do you "hack" with these ? How is it done?

First of all, age is not a valid excuse for anything, so you can drop the "i'm ** so go easy on me" attitude right now.

The problem with newbies is that they seem to think that 'hacking' is a separate entity from programming and general computer knowledge. The act of hacking is simply manipulating computers for originally unintended means; both good and bad - once you understand computers, you begin to see how to use them in this way. In other words, it's not like you can pick up a big book called 'Hacking - the secrets explained'; you just have to learn about computers and THEN begin to realize how to 'hack'.

Sure you can probably find tutorials on the internet covering various subjects, like *for example* scanning for windows shares (there are *00s of these), and they ARE useful to a certain extent, but these only cover specific topics, and to advance with your knowledge in any way, you've got to learn about computers yourself instead of following a script like anyone could do. This means programming, use of different operating systems, scripting, etc. If you rely on specific tutorials for everything you achieve, you will be forever restricted to the past accomplishments of said people, and new ideas never develop.

For example, if you want to 'hack' a vulnerable website, you logically learn about the scripts involved (like html, php), and then apply this knowledge to exploiting it. You COULD download some automated exploit code to do things for you, but does this make you a hacker? No, far from it. Using the first method, you will improve your knowledge and you advance, using the second you don't learn anything new and are stuck at the same stage forever.

So my point is, 'how do I hack' is a question that can only be answered with knowledge of different languages for different situations. There's no generic hacking tutorial, and you just have to keep learning.

toast
07-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Ouch, that was harsh.
But true. True.

~T, thats the most input I'll ever give....