PDA

View Full Version : IP verification?(country, address etc)

RealConnections
09-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Hello.

I want to open a relationship with one company but before I do I would like to verify all possible information about them, since they are located in China.

Lets say I have their website, are there any programs/services that could somehow verify their location to the slightest details? Country/city/address.

What are the possibilities they are from another country and somehow managed to fool the system and are actualy located in another country. I heard you could add another IP address and appear as though that IP is from CHINA while they live say in UK.

I would ver much appriciate any help. Thank you.

Ezekiel
09-15-2006, 04:02 AM
Hello.

I want to open a relationship with one company but before I do I would like to verify all possible information about them, since they are located in China.

Lets say I have their website, are there any programs/services that could somehow verify their location to the slightest details? Country/city/address.

What are the possibilities they are from another country and somehow managed to fool the system and are actualy located in another country. I heard you could add another IP address and appear as though that IP is from CHINA while they live say in UK.

I would ver much appriciate any help. Thank you.

Start -> Run -> cmd

ping www.website.com

After pinging the website, look for it's IP address somewhere in the results. Then enter it's IP address into this free (20 lookups/day) tool:

http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp

That tool should display the website's approximate location.

Alternatively, enter the website's domain name into this whois search, and you should get some useful details:

http://www.whois.net/

RealConnections
09-15-2006, 02:42 PM
Thx a lot for your help.

What would be the odds of having the company located in once city and website hosting in another? For example company is "located" in ShenZhen but the IP checker says that the IP of the website is from Xiamen which is pretty far from ShenZhen. Should I avoid them?

Ezekiel
09-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Thx a lot for your help.
What would be the odds of having the company located in once city and website hosting in another? For example company is "located" in ShenZhen but the IP checker says that the IP of the website is from Xiamen which is pretty far from ShenZhen. Should I avoid them?

Well because it is an actual website, it's safe to say that the website server's location is where the tool says it is.

As for the company, they could be a million miles away from the server yet claim they are there. There is no way of knowing if it is hosted direct from their company or on a rack with hundreds of other websites in a server room far away from there.

Actually if it is a small company, the website probably will be hosted from a professional hosting service at a different location. Just because their website is not near them shouldn't immediately set off alarms.

RealConnections
09-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Thx Mike.

I will have to do verify their address, phone etc and contact their previous ********s. With the number of scams on trading sites such as alibaba and made-in-china you can never be too careful. I'd say about 60% of all listed companies there are scammers, so you to be very very cautios and check everything to the last detail. As with the IP,hmmm ShenZhen is a huge industrial city in china and the Xiamen looks a lot like a village, I checked it in Google earth and it is not even on there(no pictures for it just plain low quality ground). I guess IP cant say enough about the company, but thx anyway.

RealConnections
09-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Hmmmm had problems with google, Xiamen seems pretty big too.

nozf3r4tu
09-20-2006, 06:03 PM
check on SamSpade.org,pretty good free tools for dns,whois and all that stuff.