PDA

View Full Version : Caller ID Spoofing

SyntaXmasteR
09-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I just finished writing a stock checking program where I can dial my home phone number, enter a pin number, and have my computer read my current stock prices... I'm now interested in caller ID Spoofing. I have my computer set up to launch applications and perform tasks by a simple phone call. I want to integrate caller ID Spoofing into the mix of these tasks BUT i have not found a decent read on the subject.

Has anyone tried or know of applications or hardware that can spoof a caller id?

toast
09-18-2006, 05:01 PM
No, but find a way to plug in a phone line to your computer and have it intercept the information from the next phone call, then once you've got the format of how to send information to a caller ID, find a way to send information to a certain phone.

~reply by gogeta70
~posted by toast

Halla
09-19-2006, 12:53 AM
asterisk for the win

SyntaXmasteR
09-19-2006, 10:17 AM
asterisk is used with VOIP to spoof right? I'm looking to spoof a modem dial-up connection (if possible). I've searched around and all i can find is a "Spoof after answer". Where the caller ID will show something different AFTER they answer the phone, which defeats the entire purpose of spoofing...

Ezekiel
09-19-2006, 11:58 AM
I just finished writing a stock checking program where I can dial my home phone number, enter a pin number, and have my computer read my current stock prices... I'm now interested in caller ID Spoofing. I have my computer set up to launch applications and perform tasks by a simple phone call. I want to integrate caller ID Spoofing into the mix of these tasks BUT i have not found a decent read on the subject.

Has anyone tried or know of applications or hardware that can spoof a caller id?

How did you interface the phone line with your computer to get it to perform these tasks?

SyntaXmasteR
09-19-2006, 03:02 PM
I had to combine a few programs that all interact to check my stocks

*. I installed Phone Dialer Pro (http://www.phonedialerpro.com/)
2. I downloaded WGET (http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/)
*. I installed a text to voice reader (will post link later today)
4. I wrote a batch script to combine each of these programs.

Batch Script
*. WGET the webpage of my stock & echo it out to a file
2. Finds the line of text with my stock quote and echos out to a second file
*. Uses a text to voice converter and creates a human voice .wav with the current stock quote
4. Launches wmplayer and plays the current stock quote .wav

How does it all tie in?
Phone Dialer Pro is set to listen through my dial up modem and will respond only if the # is my cell phone. I enter a pin number and it launches the batch. I have the mic set as speakerphone once the call has been answered. After the batch file gets the stock quote it plays the wav through the speakers. The microphone then autoconverts the wav to a 8mhz *6kb frequency that can pass through the phone line.

Modem Commands (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=*64660)
I havnt had the chance to echo any AT commands to my modem yet but i will try to familiarize myself with the syntax and batch it up. If I figure this out I can get rid of Phone Dialer Pro and have complete control over incoming & outgoing calls based on errorlevels in the batch script.

toast
09-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Also-
In a nutshell, since caller ID is done at the telcom level prior to the connection to the called party - you'll need to spoof at that level. Telcom have set up their system to prevent spoofing for their billing purposes. They know who you are. It is easier to get caller ID nfo than it is to hide it;
www.digitalroom.net/index2.html
www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/cli_faq.htm

How do you spoof? Besides Pay as you Go cellphones, and obscure calling card services like this one;

www.shomer-tec.com/site/product.cfm?id=F70*2D**-*048-72DE-280EC057074*D87D

You can hack exchange boxes (those green telco boxes in your neighborhood), you can connect a box to a neighbors box on the side of his house, you can crack a nearby phonebooth. The answer is mostly a hardware and telcom exchange level hacking.
From DNR
posted by toast