PDA

View Full Version : login with asp

dutserad
10-19-2006, 05:22 PM
I've worked with html quite a bit, but usually only enough to make basic pages with Fireworks and Flash. That's all I've needed, but the other day, I was sent a message with a link to a fake My$pace login screen (as if it weren't noticeable). However, it got me wondering if I could replicate what they'd done. It seemed fairly simple.

Well, I tried and came up with a fake login, but with no desire to really mess around with using a free web host or anything (no PHP on my server), I tried sending the login to a mock contact form using ASP.

Is it possible to substitute the PHP text responsible for forwarding the username/password with that of ASP?

And this could be either sending the form to a new txt or email. At the moment, it's pointed at an email, however it doesn't make it past the validation script. There could also be a problem in my variables from the html to the ASP.

Ezekiel
10-19-2006, 05:41 PM
I've worked with html quite a bit, but usually only enough to make basic pages with Fireworks and Flash. That's all I've needed, but the other day, I was sent a message with a link to a fake My$pace login screen (as if it weren't noticeable). However, it got me wondering if I could replicate what they'd done. It seemed fairly simple.

Well, I tried and came up with a fake login, but with no desire to really mess around with using a free web host or anything (no PHP on my server), I tried sending the login to a mock contact form using ASP.

Is it possible to substitute the PHP text responsible for forwarding the username/password with that of ASP?

And this could be either sending the form to a new txt or email. At the moment, it's pointed at an email, however it doesn't make it past the validation script. There could also be a problem in my variables from the html to the ASP.

Both are server scripting languages and both are mostly equal in their capabilities. You can make a fake login processing script in ASP just as you can in PHP.

You don't even need to have PHP/ASP support to use a fake page - you could find one of the many 'contact me' email forms websites have and simply POST to that, entering the data and email you wish to receive the info to. Of course, then the victim sees some random site's "Thanks for submitting" page...

Try learning ASP and you'll know what to do:

http://www.w*schools.com/asp/default.asp

dutserad
10-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks Mike. I wasn't sure if it handled differently or what. Then, if I did it that way, I could just redirect from there I'm sure.