PDA

View Full Version : The help of ip's?

Alton
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
ok i know how to get peoples ip addresses. but what do i do with it?

i want to browse my friends files because i think shes got a pic of me.. well.. less then decent lol... and she says she dosnt but i dont believe her.. how can i use the ip address to browse her files, or is their a way or program i cn do that without the ip? i dont want her to know i went hrew her files cuz if im wrong... then yea.. neways

help?

Ezekiel
10-24-2006, 03:56 AM
ok i know how to get peoples ip addresses. but what do i do with it?

i want to browse my friends files because i think shes got a pic of me..well.. less then decent lol... and she says she dosnt but i dont believe her.. how can i use the ip address to browse her files, or is their a way or program i cn do that without the ip? i dont want her to know i went hrew her files cuz if im wrong... then yea.. neways

help?

This question has been asked many times before, so i'm surprised you even felt the need to post it considering the amount of results the search form would have given you. So here's two posts I made before on the subject:

No, it is not possible. The majority of home users use firewalls and routers, making it impossible to exploit the services and server programs they run. In any case, it is a stupid idea, and if you continue to try to research it, you are wasting your time.

You people think an IP address is like some magic number which allows you to hack somebody's computer. How are you supposed to capture keystrokes from just knowing somebody's IP addres? You are not connected to them in any way, and there is such a thing as security. It's like saying that by knowing somebody's postal address, you can just instantly read all their mail.

It's also worth noting that most home windows users are behind a router and forward no ports, effectively making port scanning useless.

However, these dumb home users also leave their routers accessible remotely on the web interface and don't change the default password, so it's easy enough to place their machine on the DMZ and have access to all the windows services and server programs they have listening. UPnP is another weakness in routers, although I never have researched it.

So unless you want to get your hands dirty with their routers' settings, port scanning isn't going to do a lot unless they specifically decide to expose themselves, they use a cable modem, or they use dial-up.

In summary, if the target is a home computer behind a router, there is no possibility of doing anything to her. If the target is a professional server or a home user with the knowledge to forward ports in the router's settings, then there is the small possibility of exploiting the server programs.

If the target connects directly to the internet with a modem, you can exploit Windows to gain access IF she uses a version of Windows that hasn't been patched in years, or you can browse her shared files (which will contain nothing if she doesn't even have a LAN) but no other area of the computer.

The only way of gaining access to most home computers is through the use of malware such as remote admin tools. To do this you need to convince them to run that program and they need to have no antivirus protection.