PDA

View Full Version : Aol Password

klove1499
01-05-2007, 11:13 AM
how can i crack someone's AOL email account password?

Moonbat
01-05-2007, 04:29 PM
If the person uses an unencrypted LAN, connect ot it and somehow intercept the password packet while the person is logging in. It'll be encrypted, so find out what encryption type it is and dictionary attack/brute force it.

A program you'll need to get packets and to crack passwords is Cain and Abel: http://www.oxid.it/cain.html

P.S. - I'm not sure it may be able to crack the encryption used, depending on what it is.

Ezekiel
01-05-2007, 05:44 PM
If the person uses an unencrypted LAN, connect ot it and somehow intercept the password packet while the person is logging in.

How do you 'connect' to a Local Area Network?

It'll be encrypted, so find out what encryption type it is and dictionary attack/brute force it.

If you are sniffing and arp poisoning a network, the passwords a program like Cain discovers will be plaintext. When you log in to this forum, you don't type in an encrypted string (example: D7F0A8E**0B*2), you type in your username and password; so you send the plain text. Unless you connect via SSL/TLS, where everything's connected.

Moonbat
01-05-2007, 06:43 PM
By LAN, I meant like wireless network, I guess I used the wrong word/acronym:D

Either way, the guy's not gonna do any of this, so there's not much point explaining it correctly anyway. But thanks for correcting me.

Ezekiel
01-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Yeah sorry, I assumed it was a wired network but LAN can mean both.