PDA

View Full Version : My X has my passwords..what can I do?

Joshnc252
01-16-2007, 07:50 PM
So, my X somehow has my passwords for things like myspace and who knows what else. When I first realized it I changed them all but today I found out she still has my Myspace password at least so who knows what else. So I have a couple of questions. I'm only *00% sure about the myspace password but not any of the other ones so here are my questions.

*. Could she have put some kind of code in my profile through editing it that would send her my password everytime I changed it?

I did find one line of code in there that I had no idea what it meant. It wasn't long and I wish I would have saved it before I deleted it but I'm not really thinking straight.

2. If she didn't do this could she have put something on my computer that will tell her when I change passwords or read my key strokes?

*. What are the best ways to stop this and what can I do?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated, oh and she might be reading this..lol.

Roar!
01-16-2007, 11:18 PM
there a programs that one can install on a computer that record keystrokes, and therfore, passwords.

She may have put one on your computer, they are quite common.

Roar!
01-17-2007, 01:16 AM
I've never tried it, but this program claims to get rid of program like that.

http://dewasoft.com/privacy/kldetector.htm

Moonbat
01-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Or you can format your harddrive if the problem doesn't go away.

nozf3r4tu
01-17-2007, 05:15 PM
change the passwords from a diff. computer in case your pc is inffected with a keylogger {wich i'm sure she's running}.Go to a library or a friends's house,change the passwords from there and see how it goes.
As far as i know,such "code" or program you think she has on your profile doesn't exist. You must have a keylogger or a trojan installed.
just my 2 cents

Joshnc252
01-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah I'm going to be reformating tonight, not going to risk it.