PDA

View Full Version : Yabut, need your help again

Unregistered
04-10-2002, 09:01 PM
Hi Yabut, I have something you may be able to help me with? I have gone to site, http://www.stilllistener.addr.com/checkpoint*/ to check proxies. When I have gone below the standard tests to "Whoiz" (Watson, etc.) I have received a notation "web trick; no query". Then yesterday, something was added calling me, the visitor, a "content grabber" and a comment about how I should respect "his" work. Today, checking again, I went to a link from the same site (tools-on.net) and there content grabber was defined as someone who copies and redistributes the site information. How does Mr. Alexander K. Yezhov (the founder) get all of that with my visit? (none of which is true of course and I was insulted). Has his site been compromised and these are not his comments? Anyway, if you do check, please do not click on the "blue" web trick notation!!!!!! Something is not right there!!! I believe one of the tests on this site goes to that site. Perhaps the moderator should know about this also. Site is: Leader's Whois. Thank you. Regards, Newbietoo

Newbie Doobee Doo
04-11-2002, 05:56 AM
Hi,

I got that last year when I visited with javascript off. It only happened a few times then I didn't get it anymore. He may have reintroduced a script that gives that msg. to such visitors. Just a guess, Newbietoo.

Unregistered
04-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Thanks so much, N. Doobee Doo (sorry, just have to say, such a cute handle). You are probably right. Glad to hear that I haven't been the only one to experience it. But you know, I think I will skip going to the site. I did not like the Web Trick part. Just a comment to enable Scripts, etc. would have sufficed. It doesn't serve any purpose to be mysterious and not let people know the "rules" for visiting the site. That bothered me also. A lot of paranoia there. And in my case, unfounded. Again, thanx for anwering my post :) regards, Newbietoo