PDA

View Full Version : Dear Forum Moderator from Newbietoo

Unregistered
04-11-2002, 12:46 PM
I would like to appear as a registered forum member. I thought that I had done that. Please put me through the steps to register again so that so that my bio. to the left of my posts appears as the other members. I think that Blacksheep has a very valid point. Membership shows commitment to the Forum and helps to solidify respect for one another. Regards, Newbietoo

DATA
04-13-2002, 11:16 AM
HI,

nEWBIE TOO,give an email id next time while registering under another nick.
Follow the steps the bulletin ***rd tells in ur mail to activate ur account.

regards Data.

Unregistered
04-13-2002, 11:31 AM
I thought I did that too, but don't remember (oh, no the mind is going too :)) I'll try again and let the forum know that the new nickname is me. Regards, Newbietoo (gosh, this nick was starting to grow on me a little :(.)

Piexa
04-13-2002, 11:53 AM
Just add an extra "o"...as in: Newbietooo
Minor change, essence stays the same

fEš·.·šEr
04-13-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I would like to appear as a registered forum member. I thought that I had done that. Please put me through the steps to register again so that so that my bio. to the left of my posts appears as the other members. I think that Blacksheep has a very valid point. Membership shows commitment to the Forum and helps to solidify respect for one another. Regards, Newbietoo
----------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to enable the cookies in your browser,
otherwise, your registration won't be detected and you have to logg in manually at every reconnexion.

---------------------------------------------------------

Unregistered
04-14-2002, 11:22 AM
I have decided to leave things as is and just make certain that I identify myself to the forum each time I post. I remember getting the email and checking all points, but being very strict for security purposes (I didn't allow for much). This is a personal choice based on a bad experience that I had in the past. I do still act on the advice given to me by cyberangels.com. Since I am on the subject :) I would caution all Forum members to always keep their own security in mind, even here. Remember the nasty "acronym" we had here a short time ago? Anyway, you will all know when I am "on ***rd". Regards, Newbietoo

fEš·.·šEr
04-15-2002, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unregistered
[B]I would like to appear as a registered forum member. ..........

----------------------------------------------

i also noticed that if you are behind a proxy, the proxy might be disabling the cookies, therefore, even if you loggon, the system will not accept you.
(cause it won't see the cookies on your PC).

thanx

-------------------
DATA,
We R both right, sometimes (depends on the OS) HTTP_REFERER could refelect either the origin or the real IP.