PDA

View Full Version : Can You use proxies with cable connection??

Unregistered
04-20-2002, 09:41 AM
Hi. I'm using mult proxy and or steath anonymizer.
All the proxies I use have been checked out to be anon. But whenever I do an enviromental test anywhere my real ip shows up everytime. I'm using netscape and all java is turned off. I am very familiar with multi proxy used it when I had dsl. It worked perfectly never showing my real ip. But now since I have cable my real ip is showing. Anyone know how to get around this. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Piexa
04-20-2002, 12:19 PM
I "second" this question...I'm running into the same trouble, although not all the time (go figure?)
Sometimes, environmentals show my IP, sometimes not...no constant "common denominator" between the two results, either.

Unregistered
04-20-2002, 01:12 PM
Fraid not buddy. It's impossible. Your cable company overrides your browser settings in netscape and ie no matter what proxy program you use. It just can't be done. No one knows how to do this. I'm afraid you won't get any better answers than this one. No one knows how to stop programs like multiproxy to be overridden by your cable isp. Sorry but it's true

fEǚ.法Er
04-20-2002, 05:15 PM
Hi
*st: What OS are you using? (results are different between OS's).

2nd: besides the OS issue, why don't U forget about Netscape (piece of S..t) and IE (Much bigger piece of S..t) and simply use Opera without the java run engine. you should use is to understand the difference, i am not willing to discuss its features..

*rd: Select a good anaon proxy server that is not using ports 80 or 8080 but rather **28 (hundreds are available)
then try urself here
http://www.stilllistener.addr.com/checkpoint*/Java/

4th and last option: turn off your system and call your girl friend.

Blacksheep
04-20-2002, 06:15 PM
Hmm... I can find no fault with fEǚ.法Er's browser observations and advice. :)

fEǚ.法Er
04-20-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Blacksheep
Hmm... I can find no fault with fEǚ.法Er's browser observations and advice. :)

Thanx Blacksheep for your kind comment.

Unregistered
05-05-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by fEǚ.法Er

2nd: besides the OS issue, why don't U forget about Netscape (piece of S..t) and IE (Much bigger piece of S..t) and simply use Opera without the java run engine.

I have used ie and opera (from version *.6 to 6) together for around 2 years now. But I lam not using opera anymore because, althought it is very fast, I have noticed it has really bad reactions to javascript. So I am now using ie 6. I dont mind paying a little (little??) sytem overhead to be sure that all javascript-rich pages will display properly.

btw, I am happy to see they still are forums qhere you can post without registring.

fEǚ.法Er
05-05-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered

I have used ie and opera (from version *.6 to 6) together for around 2 years now. But I lam not using opera anymore because, althought it is very fast, I have noticed it has really bad reactions to javascript. So I am now using ie 6. I dont mind paying a little (little??) sytem overhead to be sure that all javascript-rich pages will display properly.

btw, I am happy to see they still are forums qhere you can post without registring.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi to everyone,

You are right, very few forums allow posting without a registration...

The current version of OPERA is 6.0*, make sure also to
download the JAVA version that comes with with a JaVA runtime.
Probably OPERA is still not perfect, but IE is still inferior mostly when it comes to security issues.

-----------
fEǚ.法Er

Blacksheep
05-05-2002, 12:12 PM
The latest Opera 6.02 b*0*0 beta download is here:

http://people.opera.com/~windows/snapshot/o602_*0*0.exe

ploppy
05-29-2002, 10:33 AM
I'm using a dsl connection, and running through a proxy in spain. " no problemo............"

Unregistered
05-29-2002, 02:26 PM
Yes, with a cable conection you can use proxy chaining. I have a web site that tells you how. Go to

http://www.geocities.com/michael_newton2004/anonymous.html

After reading that here is some more instructions.- Click on Tools-> Internet Option-> Connections Tab ->LAN Settings

Now enter in the proxy that you want to use. For a great list of proxies go to

http://www.atomintersoft.com/products/alive-proxy/proxy-list/

There you go,
Lockman