PDA

View Full Version : Longitude and Latitude

Fatality101
03-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Bit of a long shot... but how do I find some-one's address / city if I have their longitude and latitude. I have GoogleEarth Pro, but I haven't come across a feature on it that allows you to do this :?

oh if you're wondering.. I posted a while ago asking for help in finding people's IP's, I used the IP to find out the person's address but it always came up with the wrong address, (for example I searched * IP and it came up with an address in Germany even though I know for a fact that the person lives in the UK) .. from the IP search I also got their longitude and latitude, was wondering whether this would be the same or different to the address it showed? :P
and yes I'm new to all this and I'm a little confused :D any help would be appreciated :)

Ezekiel
03-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Bit of a long shot... but how do I find some-one's address / city if I have their longitude and latitude. I have GoogleEarth Pro, but I haven't come across a feature on it that allows you to do this :?

oh if you're wondering.. I posted a while ago asking for help in finding people's IP's, I used the IP to find out the person's address but it always came up with the wrong address, (for example I searched * IP and it came up with an address in Germany even though I know for a fact that the person lives in the UK) .. from the IP search I also got their longitude and latitude, was wondering whether this would be the same or different to the address it showed? :P
and yes I'm new to all this and I'm a little confused :D any help would be appreciated :)

Try this:

http://www.gorissen.info/Pierre/maps/googleMapLocationv*.php

You won't get anything near precise from an IP address though in most cases. You'll most likely get the location of the ISP head offices of the user; a location that could be hundreds of miles from the user.

Fatality101
03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
thanks for that.. didn't find what I wanted though :(
is there any way to find where someone's address from their IP address? :x

Ezekiel
03-22-2007, 05:25 PM
thanks for that.. didn't find what I wanted though :(
is there any way to find where someone's address from their IP address? :x

See above post:

You won't get anything near precise from an IP address though in most cases. You'll most likely get the location of the ISP head offices of the user; a location that could be hundreds of miles from the user.