PDA

View Full Version : Ip Address From Myspace?

lostinlove
03-21-2007, 08:16 PM
there is this one girl who is sending messaging me nonstop about a whole bunch of lies and really dirty stuff, messaging all of my friends telling them lies about me, and threatening me and it is really upsetting.
i just wanted to know if I could get her ip address from myspace without signing in as her, i just want to know what city she lives in to try to narrow down who it could really be.
i know that it DOES say your ip address on myspace, like when i go to upload pictures, it says it right below it, but i didnt know if i could find hers.
so if anyone knew, or knew another way, that would be really helpful.
thank you.

Moonbat
03-21-2007, 09:05 PM
There's really no point to getting her IP. That IP is temporarily assigned to her by her ISP, and when she ends her time on the Internet, it goes to someone else who is connecting to the Internet, or just sits and waits until someone does.

Also, you can only get a general area of where the person is. At most, you can get the city they are located in.

Lastly, I don't know of any way to do this without getting access to her account.

If you want to find out where she lives, see if she has her own site or something. Do a WHOIS lookup on the site, and it'll tell you the registration details of the site.

lostinlove
03-21-2007, 09:57 PM
oh, because i seem to always have the same IP address on my myspace.
yeh, i wanted the city.
what do you mean a WHOIS lookup? how do i do that??

Moonbat
03-21-2007, 10:29 PM
http://www.whois.net/

Make
03-22-2007, 09:55 AM
yeh, i wanted the city.

Try IP Address Location (http://www.ipaddresslocation.org) for city.

Ezekiel
03-22-2007, 01:01 PM
yeh, i wanted the city.

If you're using Myspace from home, your IP address will probably change quite regularly (whenever your router or modem connects to the Internet). If you're using it from somewhere with a leased line such as a school or office, it's likely that the IP address remains the same.

mid3vildan
03-23-2007, 12:42 PM
try using myspace IM, it is just like yahoo, and you can get the ip using your DOS netstat......all you need to do is get her to talk to you on the instant messenger...