PDA

View Full Version : Abbr.

Unregistered
06-08-2002, 02:40 PM
every now and then i try to get a meaning of the abbreviations nt np nl, or just nt nl. is this some code ?
tnx for any info .

Unreggie
06-09-2002, 11:08 AM
Hi,

Try clicking on Language and type the abbreviation you want to look up in the "Acronym" panel.

Unregistered
06-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Unreggie
Hi,

Try clicking on Language and type the abbreviation you want to look up in the "Acronym" panel.

leave your advice worth 0.02 $ for yourself :D
i've already checked it with Netlingo.

so, any ideas ? think there are ...

Unregistered
06-12-2002, 10:25 PM
Don't know what's going on with the forum lately. Believe that the moderator should take a look. Nothing wrong with your advice. Would have given the same. Wondering also about these "***" type things. Not very secure for a site that specializes in that sort of thing. Regards to you Unreggie, Newbietoo

johnny
06-13-2002, 10:09 AM
Hi Newbietoo,

The problem as I see it is that one of these recently arrived "Unregistered"s is a troublemaker. What some would call a troll.

But which Unregistered is it? There lies one of the strengths in registering. You remain just as anonymous but at least everyone knows who is who.

Unreggie is well established here as an unregistered good guy. So are you :-) You always end with your signature, and Unreggie has his unique name.

But a troll could easily impersonate either of you and start making you out to be an a-hole. Registering at least gives password protection against getting your nick impersonated by a-holes.

Yes Unreggie's advice was good and so is your followup. I don't know where Otto these days, he hasn't made an appearance in a long time (guilty as charged too:-).

Take care Newbietoo!

Piexa
06-14-2002, 09:21 AM
That's sound advice about registering, Johnny...you're absolutely correct :)

~ Piexa

Unregistered
06-14-2002, 07:32 PM
Now I have started to reconsider re: registration. But tell me, will using a proxy and deleting permanent cookies screw things up? Regards, Newbietoo

Unreggie
06-15-2002, 09:37 AM
Greets Newbietoo:

Before coming here make sure your browser and firewall are set to accept cookies. Switch off any cookie filtering you normally do. That will allow the all-nettools.com cookies to be properly set and you should be able to login w/o problem.

When you leave trash the cookies and reset your filters. Sure, you have to relogin each time you return, but so what?

Cheers,

Unreggie (aka Newbiedoobeedoo hehe:-)

Unreggie
06-15-2002, 09:42 AM
...and no, a proxy should make no difference at all.