PDA

View Full Version : TOR is it Traceable?

Bighomedog11
04-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Hey guys, I am wondering is TOR a good program to use when hacking to hide your IP? I am wondering is TOR traceable threw the FBI or anyone? Like if i use TOR to card is it traceable then?

Moonbat
04-11-2007, 06:05 PM
There's been a recent find that the maker of TOR has a script or something that can let someone ***** the user's session on the Internet. I'm not sure exactly, but all I know is that it's not secure anymore.

Ezekiel
04-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey guys, I am wondering is TOR a good program to use when hacking to hide your IP? I am wondering is TOR traceable threw the FBI or anyone? Like if i use TOR to card is it traceable then?

It is good, yes, but doing any illegal activity from your home connection is dangerous. Think of all the locations between you and the TOR server that your connection can be monitored (although I'm not sure about TOR's encryption situation). If they want to, it's trivial to get access to these locations.

This is what insecure WiFi connections (+TOR) were made for.

*******, AKA ****** card fraud, is a very high-risk crime. If I were a criminal and had stolen/used ****** card details from my home connection, I would be a very paranoid person. TOR makes it harder for the authorities to catch fraudsters, but definitely not possible. It depends how 'wanted' you are.

To Moonbat, I'm not an expert on TOR, but from what I've heard the vulnerability is like this -- if malicious people controlled TOR nodes, they can partially discover where the connection is coming from and where it's going. (If I'm wrong, other members please tell me... oh yeah I forgot, we only have about three members).

The vulnerability is only dangerous to you if someone wants to monitor your Internet habits; as far as I know TOR doesn't keep any sort of logs (after all, it's about anonymity), so most connections get put through, data is transmitted, the connection is closed and that's it -- the web server is the only place holding a record of the connection (aside from intermediaries), and it has the IP address of a TOR server; a dead end with no logs.

Someone has to control TOR servers and be specifically looking for you, unless they monitor for questionable domains and log that activity. I'm tired right now though, so you may want to check some of that.

I think we've got to remember the notice TOR spits out when you run it -- "This is experimental software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity".

Bighomedog11
04-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Oh alright thanks Mike and Moon. So i have a wifi on my pc. So if i use like one of my naighbors connections near by connections that my home pc can find + TOR i will not be able to get traced back? And is there any other program better then TOR that good for hiding your IP when doing illegal stuff such as Card and Hack?

Also is VPN is that traceable? I heard thats the best but ya got to pay for it. Is it safe to do illegal stuff on ur home connection using VPN?

nozf3r4tu
04-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Even thos it will be hard,it will not be impossible,since somewhere in the connection your ip was logged. But unless a court order has been issued,i don't think they will bother to look thru out all those records and sessions.

As far as doing anything illegal from your house,well i wouldn't recommend it. Try a library or a internet cafe. Now,scams are scams no matter what,but ****** cards smells like Feds on the hunt.
If you're using thor,also visit guardster .com and use the free http:// feature for a little bit more protection.
Now..i wonder... theres a diff. encription used in europe,and i hear it's illegal to use it in the Us,anybody has any knowledge about that?

My respects to you guys.......

Ezekiel
04-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Oh alright thanks Mike and Moon. So i have a wifi on my pc. So if i use like one of my naighbors connections near by connections that my home pc can find + TOR i will not be able to get traced back? And is there any other program better then TOR that good for hiding your IP when doing illegal stuff such as Card and Hack?

Using your neighbor's connection is almost as bad as using your own -- they could be logging all traffic, logging connecting MAC addresses (a unique address your computer holds) and much more. When the police come to your neighbor's house, they'll soon figure out that someone used their wireless connection, and if they had logs of MAC codes, they could identify your laptop. Other than that, it would be pretty obvious that the next house is connecting.

TOR is good as far as proxies go, but proxies should never be relied on for *00% anonymity.

Also is VPN is that traceable? I heard thats the best but ya got to pay for it. Is it safe to do illegal stuff on ur home connection using VPN?

I'm sure a VPN provider would keep some sort of logs regarding their ********s. It would still lead back to you.

Remember VPN is like directly using the provider's connection, so your bad deeds would be traced back to there. Only one step is between them and you.

acitone
04-13-2007, 02:08 AM
I have a new program called Plugsound Pro. It's a vst instrument for making music and it's about a $*00 program program that is protected by the PACE ilok/interlok system. I have done extensive searches online to see whether or not someone had a crack for the program but no body seems to have cracked it nor Ilok. With ilok being such a popular form of protection I am surprised no hacker has rised to conquer it. You'd think the most popular and powerful protection for music production vst's would have the most demand and attention. I got the program off of Usenext and I know for a FACT that there are numerous people out there waiting for a warezed version, but it's not available and I don't have an email to any of the crack teams so I can't send the software to anyone who can crack. Can someone pls help? I'm willing to become a hacker myself just to crack this particular software lol.

Halla
04-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Simply speaking, if you spoof your MAC address or use an expendable external wireless NIC you bought with cash and connect to a public or insecure signal, as long as they cant prove you were in the signals vicinity (you arent on camera or something) you're a ghost.

What that means is that yes they could trace WHAT you did, and WHERE but they would come up with "Well, someone connected to this network and did ______ in this time frame" and thats it.

This is why wireless security is so important.
Look back to todays wireless setup in a few years and remember the golden age of wireless hacking.
Youre living it now kiddo. May as well enjoy it.

Ezekiel
04-13-2007, 05:32 AM
I have a new program called Plugsound Pro. It's a vst instrument for making music and it's about a $*00 program program that is protected by the PACE ilok/interlok system. I have done extensive searches online to see whether or not someone had a crack for the program but no body seems to have cracked it nor Ilok. With ilok being such a popular form of protection I am surprised no hacker has rised to conquer it. You'd think the most popular and powerful protection for music production vst's would have the most demand and attention. I got the program off of Usenext and I know for a FACT that there are numerous people out there waiting for a warezed version, but it's not available and I don't have an email to any of the crack teams so I can't send the software to anyone who can crack. Can someone pls help? I'm willing to become a hacker myself just to crack this particular software lol.

How is this related to the topic of TOR?

This is why wireless security is so important.
Look back to todays wireless setup in a few years and remember the golden age of wireless hacking.
Youre living it now kiddo. May as well enjoy it.

Yeah, I think I heard that the RIAA wants to make people responsible for all the activity originating from their open wireless connection. Totally ridiculous, but that's never stopped them before. See here:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/riaa-wants-to-kill-open-wifi-puppies-babies-2***57.php

Makes me glad I don't live in the USA.

~~smart~fool~~
04-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Im sorry to inform you but, if you are expecting the fbi, nothing will protect you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. [they are not noobs]

Ezekiel
04-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Im sorry to inform you but, if you are expecting the fbi, nothing will protect you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. [they are not noobs]

Yeah, smart fool's right. There are only a few exceptions to this, such as when connecting to a wireless network far away from you with your MAC changed, using an additional proxy (for example, TOR) and various modifications to yourself (hooded clothing) and/or your vehicle (fake plates) to prevent CCTV cameras capturing you (or licence plates) and blowing your anonymity. Even when using a setup like this, there's a thousand more ways you could leave a trail leading back to yourself, one of them being the actions you do on the net when in this 'perfectly anonymous' situation -- if you log in to one of your personal accounts that has previously recorded personal information, they already have enough info there to find you regardless of the fact that you're now anonymous.

Using one (or many) proxies is pointless when you're going to be investigated by your government, because if any of the proxies keep logs, these will quickly be discovered by those investigating.

Tito
04-29-2007, 02:37 AM
I was wrong.