PDA

View Full Version : Help

iDavies
04-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I am just starting to get interested in programming. I have Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2005, mySQL, Frontpage, PHP software (I have no idea how to use it, or even open it...lol) and an iMac that has UNIX. I want to try to get the IP to a MySpace account, an e-mail, and whatever else, but I have no clue how. How do upload somthing to a server to ***** an IP? I have seen things on other threads, but I don't even know how to do that, and I don't really want to put UNIX on my Windows laptop. I am a total "n00b" but everyone has to start somewhere. I need a basic step-by-step tutorial.

Thanks

Ezekiel
04-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I am just starting to get interested in programming. I have Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2005, mySQL, Frontpage, PHP software (I have no idea how to use it, or even open it...lol) and an iMac that has UNIX. I want to try to get the IP to a MySpace account, an e-mail, and whatever else, but I have no clue how. How do upload somthing to a server to ***** an IP?

To get someone's IP address, you could upload a script to your own website that logs all IP addresses, then give a link to this script to your target.

Try researching web languages like HTML, XHTML, CSS and Javascript, and server-side languages like PHP. Also, research FTP.

I have seen things on other threads, but I don't even know how to do that, and I don't really want to put UNIX on my Windows laptop. I am a total "n00b" but everyone has to start somewhere. I need a basic step-by-step tutorial.

Thanks

Just start searching on Google and Wikipedia.

iDavies
04-13-2007, 06:05 PM
To get someone's IP address, you could upload a script to your own website that logs all IP addresses, then give a link to this script to your target.

Would that ***** visitors or the person who logs into it? What is the best place to get a free website? What script do I need?

-Sorry if i'm getting annoying...lol

Ezekiel
04-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Would that ***** visitors or the person who logs into it?

It would log all the IP numbers of people who click the link to the page.

What is the best place to get a free website?

Search the web for "free PHP hosting", or try here:

http://www.agigforfree.com/

What script do I need?

Any server-side script that logs visitor information; for example a PHP script. Try learning PHP from www.w*schools.com or www.php.net, or search for such a script.

I'm too lazy to write out a whole file-logging script, but this would print the user's IP address to their screen:

<?php

print($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR");

?>

iDavies
04-13-2007, 07:04 PM
So they would have to access it through my website for me to get the IP, could I put somthing in my profile that would get it? I appreciate the help.

Ezekiel
04-13-2007, 09:02 PM
So they would have to access it through my website for me to get the IP, could I put somthing in my profile that would get it? I appreciate the help.

Well, you could place an image on your page that links to the PHP script -- that way they are still requesting the script, they just don't know it.

iDavies
04-14-2007, 12:04 AM
I put a *****er on it that logs the IP, it was a lot easier..lol Now I just need to know what to do with those IPs...hmmm