PDA

View Full Version : atacks?

Unregistered
07-01-2002, 04:56 PM
since last friday, I´m receiving about *00 alerts at day from the firewall like this one
"the firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (TCP Port *2*4) from ***.*5*.6.*7* (TCP Port *400) [TCP Flags: S]."
always to the port *2*4. but from different ip adresses. I would apreciate very much if someone can tell me if it is normal, and if not what can be the reason. i´m a little bit worried rigth now.
thank you very much.

networkguy
07-13-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
since last friday, I´m receiving about *00 alerts at day from the firewall like this one
"the firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (TCP Port *2*4) from ***.*5*.6.*7* (TCP Port *400) [TCP Flags: S]."
always to the port *2*4. but from different ip adresses.

Port *2*4 is Kazza (the peer to peer file share thing).

If you are not running this, then I am assuming that your ISP uses dynamic IP addresses.

As such, whoever had that IP address before you DID have Kazza running and the computer trying to connect to you is looking for that user.

There is nothing to worry about as your firewall is doing its job (and blocking it) and to be fair, the remote computer isn't trying to hack you, just carry on where it left off.