PDA

View Full Version : Building a Website

bikers314
05-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi. Is there a way i can start my own online poker room. If there is, can someone tell me what i need to do and how to get it started. I really need some help on this.

Moonbat
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
It depends where you live. Many places ban online gambling.

bikers314
05-02-2007, 06:51 PM
go to betzip.com i want to build one just like that

Moonbat
05-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Where do you live?

Make sure your area doesn't ban online gambling.

Troll
05-02-2007, 08:21 PM
I know very little about starting an online poker website...

But, i guess you'll need a lot of *****, employee alot of people.. (including lawyers, and possibly accountants due to tax reasons), highly skilled programmers to program the software, etc..

You will need millions of dollars to set up a sucessful poker site, getting investors will be difficult as you will competing with big names like partypoker... and online gambling is illegal in the united states..

Online poker is a very risky business.. you could either make lots of *****, or lose millons...

Ezekiel
05-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Hi. Is there a way i can start my own online poker room. If there is, can someone tell me what i need to do and how to get it started. I really need some help on this.

You would need:

A professionally-built website. It has to be fully integrated with your poker service, and both browser and server-scripting languages are required.

At least one high-bandwidth server to host the poker service from.

To be in a country that allows online gambling. I heard that it is not allowed in the US.

A custom server application on your poker server to handle every game of poker, and the accounts of people that play.

A custom client application, either in Java or in any language that can use the WIndows API.

In other words, lots of programming skills, lots of ***** and lots of time.