PDA

View Full Version : I need help... i have *****ing Cookie on my laptop

gavindoppuk
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Hello,

i have lost my passwords to different web accounts, and i didnt know the reason why, and today i str***led with my personal email account password, being changed over and over again, and it seems someone is monitoring and seeing what im doing and probably has a key logger on my laptop.... I tried Norton Anti-Virus, and each time it runs a scan it shows me this *****ing Cookie, and it only gives me option to fix and when i run it again it finds same thing, please anyone who can help me, because i'm at a big risk and danger.

I will really appreciate your help.
George

Ezekiel
06-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Cookies are simply pieces of text that websites store on your computer. They are not dangerous in the slightest, and I've never understood why back when I used Windows, programs like Adaware and Spybot S&D detected them as malicious.

The worst thing they can be used for is for annoying advertisers to collect browsing habits between, say, two sites that both display the same ad/image/whatever from the same ad company. They don't use this to monitor you (after all they don't know who you are and don't care); they just do it perhaps to sell visitor patterns.

I probably didn't explain that well, but they're not dangerous. If you're still paranoid, get Firefox, Adblock and the filterset.g updater and you'll never see any advertising crap again. I've forgotten what an Adsense ad looks like now ;).