PDA

View Full Version : Start learning

will0mon
06-22-2007, 03:19 AM
Hey I've always wanted to learn various programming and its applications. The problem is I don't know where to start. So if anyone has any s***estions on what to learn first and where to obtain this knowledge, I'd appreciate it.
I'm interested in game creation, (I have heard of C++ and that it's good for games) and just various programs that you could create. Command streams and such, hacks, keylogs, whatever possible. But I don't know where to learn all of this, so again, help is appreciated.

EDIT: I'm sure there's been 6 million posts just like this, so please don't rape me for not using the Search bar.

Ezekiel
06-22-2007, 05:39 AM
Games are very large, complicated applications to create, and the market is already saturated with game developers if you're thinking of making a career out of it.

I would probably recommend C++ for game development (with OpenGL or other graphics libraries), and perhaps C for smaller programs.

will0mon
06-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Okay thanks much for thine guidance, but where does one go about finding resources for such knowledge?

Ezekiel
06-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Okay thanks much for thine guidance, but where does one go about finding resources for such knowledge?

Just google for "X tutorials", with X being the programming language you wish to learn. There are hundreds of sites dedicated to popular languages like C.

bakedleaf
07-05-2007, 06:50 PM
yea, I would like to learn too :P

maybe when I have more free time I'll learn some programming language

will0mon
07-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Okay, thanks much guys.