PDA

View Full Version : Designing a game

~~smart~fool~~
07-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I just recently quit runescape again and have been thinking of creating something like it. Not neccessarily roleplay. Something that never ends.

Only problem is what to use for graphics, flash is not big enough, i have no idea what design program opengl uses which is too complicated anyway. What would you use to make java graphics?

I also need help with chat and multi user interaction, maybe even i should do that in flash?

Maybe some ideas on what a game should have whether it be action or what.

Please hit me up:
msn- lonewolfnet@hotmail.com
aim- belbn

help me out and you may find yourself owning a part of my multimillion dollar game company.

Current status:

looking into Blender.org *d modeling

~~smart~fool~~
07-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Anyone help me?

Moonbat
07-07-2007, 11:10 AM
I'd s***est learning Java, it's very nice, and it's ability to interface with web browsers make it an ideal choice for games.

I'd focus more on browser based Java if I were you, that's what you want (You did say something like Runescape).

As for graphics, a simple Google of "Java graphics libraries" gave me this site, which seems like it has some basic shapes and stuff: http://www.cmlab.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~robin/jGL/

Xore
07-16-2007, 05:31 AM
Despite what people are starting to use ( fuck C# and all that shit ), I would say C++ is the best. OpenGL and Direct X aren't difficult :( ... So you're interested in making a game? I've heard loads of people say that and never get *0% of the way through before they quit. Have you ever done anything like this before? And if you wanted to make it online, its quiet a bit harder than just a server and clients. You would need it to be so the clients all are kind of "servers" as well if you will. So instead of stressing down the main server, all of the different actions from one person is sent out to all the others, instead of sending it to the server and the server sends it out.

So have you coded or done any *D modelling or texturing?

ray02945
08-06-2007, 11:54 AM
id have to go with java or some flash