PDA

View Full Version : help please my first post

Mark1981
07-08-2007, 01:27 PM
hello everyone this is my first post i've been coming to this site and reading forums for a long time:D i learned alot from here and this is my first post:D i hope i get some help from you guys i am not a hacker i don't wanna be a hacker i am not here to learn how to harm people :D
i am trying to do a website for cell phones we own 5 wireless stores
Sprint/Nextel Cingular the new Att t-mobile and verizon
i can do a basic website i am sure everyone on here knows how lol
my Q's are

i need a website for people to open an account upload all there songs files and get sent to them Via SMS as ringtone (link) like profile type a thing each account gets 2GB of space to do what ever they want with and everything is free so you don't have to worry about ssl pages

but i don't know how can i do a pages like this at all where you put your info
like name address cell phone number e-mail
and i wanna do a forums in the site if anyone has a Q about anything and like whats new in the market you know something like this
i dont' know anything about C++ i am trying to learn i know how to work on flash i did a web page for someone on flash before :)
so please guys if anyone can help or tell me where to go and how is it done
just to get an idea

Thank you very much

Mark S

Mark1981
07-09-2007, 11:44 AM
PHP no idea total traning they don't have anything for PHP where can i go and learn about it
plus i called sprint for the SMS and they told me i need some kinda software to send sms to cell phones
and yeah i have my own servers i got that part covered

Moonbat
07-09-2007, 12:40 PM
http://www.w*schools.com

Learn about PHP, SQL, and a bunch of other web programming languages there too.

xxmasterxx
07-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Free tutorials on HTML and CSS

http://www.html.net/

Ezekiel
07-13-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't mean this in a critical way, but it doesn't sound like you're anywhere near qualified enough to write a full database-using website that incorporates user accounts, interfaces with cellular networks or PSTN and much, much more. You should be entirely comfortable with server-side languages such as PHP, client-side languages such as HTML, and SQL for storing account info. You should also have knowledge of the cellular networks themselves, because sending stuff to phones via the email method seems like a very weak solution to something that should be professionally implemented.

Daniel provided some good info for you, so follow that to start with.

Mark1981
07-15-2007, 11:30 AM
yeah i don't know much about about this but i made a deal with sprint to give me unlimited SMS for 200 a month and i can have my own SMS port if someone sends a SMS to the server
:)
how much do you thing a website like this will cost if i went to someone to do it for me

Ezekiel
07-15-2007, 12:07 PM
how much do you thing a website like this will cost if i went to someone to do it for me

I'd say $200 as an absolute minimum if there isn't that much work to do at all, going up to $*000 if it's a particularly long job. Go for something in the middle of that range.