PDA

View Full Version : Binding Trojans

elite_chaos
07-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Is it possible to bind a trojan with a movie ?
For example: bind it and put it on like youtube or something and when they download the video they also download the trojan ?

Thanks

Ezekiel
07-14-2007, 03:18 AM
No.

_______

nozf3r4tu
07-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Is it possible to bind a trojan with a movie ?
For example: bind it and put it on like youtube or something and when they download the video they also download the trojan ?

Thanks
you can,but you'll need to bind it and save it as blahblah.scr. It worked for me sometimes,sometimes it wont.

Ezekiel
07-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Going further on my point, sites like Youtube would only accept known video types such as .avi, which means you can't simply upload executable files. Even with the slight possibility that you find a vulnerability in common video players of the chosen video format, exploit code would be rendered impossible since Youtube compresses uploaded videos, thus altering any prepared exploit code.

In a nutshell, my answer is still no.

Xore
07-16-2007, 05:35 AM
When something is compressed, it has to be decompressed to operate. So just the compression wouldn't hinder it from being operational. However, if someone made their own packer and packed a trojan, then scanned it, it would not look suspicious to the AV due to its state at the time (unless the idiot used an open packer and the AV knew it). However, when its executed... its decompressed, so it is operational ;).

elite_chaos
07-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Alright guys thanks for the help.
If you have any other useful info about binding a trojan with a video please post.

Thanks again

elite_chaos
07-26-2007, 04:08 AM
ya thats true