PDA

View Full Version : Windows Word Password Help

Seed
08-05-2007, 09:38 PM
A year or so ago I wrote somethings in Word and password protected it. Anyways I cannot remember the password I used and I am wondering if there is a way to go around/hack through the password. They are mine so there is no way of using a Keylogger. Tried Google but I was not really sure what to search for. I did Window Word Password Hack. Hack Password Word. Few others and nothing really came up so I am wondering if there is some way to get through the password because I really would like those documents.

Newby_Programme
08-06-2007, 10:16 AM
A year or so ago I wrote somethings in Word and password protected it. Anyways I cannot remember the password I used and I am wondering if there is a way to go around/hack through the password. They are mine so there is no way of using a Keylogger. Tried Google but I was not really sure what to search for. I did Window Word Password Hack. Hack Password Word. Few others and nothing really came up so I am wondering if there is some way to get through the password because I really would like those documents.

So you used other software to put a password on the document:confused:

Explain Please.

Seed
08-29-2008, 07:35 PM
I never installed a password protection for windows. I had a password because I was using a laptop that was bought. It was my girlfriends and she never added anything, she got it straight up from Bestbuy, it was an HP. Would Jack the Ripper work magic on this or do I need to know the program that added the password?

MrByte
08-30-2008, 05:34 AM
You needs this:

http://www.elcomsoft.com/aopr.html

drumgodmaggott
08-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Would Jack the Ripper work magic on this or do I need to know the program that added the password?
you mean john the ripper... if you can't use the correct name their is no hope for you using the program.

mid3vildan
08-30-2008, 12:45 PM
www.oxid.it

download cain and abel, cain should rip right through it....

:cool:

MrByte
08-30-2008, 03:59 PM
www.oxid.it

download cain and abel, cain should rip right through it....

:cool:

To the best of my knowledge, cain and abel has nothing to do with MS Office password recovery. This tool is aimed at totally different targets, such as POP* or NTLM passwords across the network.

BTW, Seed, look at this tutorial:
http://www.all-nettools.com/articles/how-to-recover-ms-word-2007-password.htm?ref=rev*0222

mid3vildan
08-30-2008, 04:05 PM
if the password has been saved on your system, it may be recovered by Cain. you are right, it is mainly used for network hashing, cracking and brute forcing, but it is suprisingly interesting what you can find on your own system with this tool.