PDA

View Full Version : Sympa

fEǚ.法Er
10-01-2002, 06:57 PM
Hi to everyone

I just released a simple application called
SYMPA (Send Your Mail Privately & Anonymously)
it is still a beta as it's the *st release.
please feel free to try it.

It has some added functions like a private and a public Chat server/client etc..

enable javascript on your browser, and download it at

http://fmk.virtualave.net

do not hesitate to post any comment

thanks
------------
fEǚ.法Er

DATA
10-05-2002, 08:49 AM
hi,

An error has occurred processing the request...

Unable to resolve URL
http://fmk.virtualave.net

wasn't accessible.
sounds cool to me-very cool indeed-i would certainly like to try it out.
could u post it some where it is accessible.

Regards Data.

DATA
10-05-2002, 08:51 AM
hi,

could u also post the techincal details of it on the ***rd-pls?

Regards Data.

fEǚ.法Er
10-05-2002, 01:43 PM
Hi DATA

I am confused about an eventual broken link.
did you activate the javascript?
In case you DO NOT wish to activate javascript please try the "full length" link.
http://fmk.virtualave.net/Sympa

(S is a capital letter)

looking forward for your comments.

-----------
fEǚ.法Er

DATA
10-07-2002, 08:09 AM
HI,

yes the link is working,shall see it as soon as these dreaded exams over.

Regards Data.

carlson
10-10-2002, 12:18 PM
i was waiting for loooooooooooong time for a such application. i like it and it's cool that you provide the proxy list on your site. tnx fever.

Toni
10-17-2002, 05:09 PM
hey, I tested the latest version *.086*. it has really fast
anonymous connection

Piexa
10-18-2002, 12:35 AM
VERY COOL fEǚ.法Er!!!!!

uh...time for a dumb question, though...what's the password?
Without it, all I seem to be able to do is repeatedly spam my husband with mail from MyGuitar@IsBetterThanYours.com (not that I haven't gotten a vast amount of immature, juvenile delight out of doing that...he's getting a little weary of it, though) :D

thanks for your hard work, fEǚ.法Er...this rocks!

~ Piexa

fEǚ.法Er
10-18-2002, 01:56 PM
thank you carlson, Toni and Piexa for you encouragements
and thanks to evryone who downloaded and tried SYMPA ..

I had couple of hours of free time, so I posted a simple FAQ that you can check directly on the web site.
hope it will give some clear idea about SYMPA

dear Piexa, SYMPA's password is hanbelous

I might add a feature avoiding wives to abuse their husbands with SYMPA email spam. :D

take care

-----------
fEǚ.法Er

Piexa
10-18-2002, 07:54 PM
fEǚ.法Er!!! That FAQ was the funniest @#$% I have read in a long time!
I definitely think Joe should be the mascot/spokesman for Sympa!

I dug the reference to Hendrix, too...that was very, very cool. Perhaps Joe needs to stand guard All Along the Watchtower to keep Cindy from wandering away ;)

and, as for disabling Sympa-Spouse-Spam? No way!!
Nothing says "I love you" like ten dozen dumba$$ e-mails from PleaseBringMeACoke@FromTheFridge.com...heheh.

Good work, fEǚ.法Er! :D

~Piexa

fEǚ.法Er
10-28-2002, 01:39 PM
Dear forummates

I have tried to make SYMPA a bit smarter, so..
as of version *.0*0 that you can find here:

you DO NOT need anymore to enter the SMTP server name of your addressee. SYMPA will "try" to find it for you, based on the addressee email.

I am still open to receive any comments or observation.

(DATA, where are you hiding man?)

------------
fEǚ.法Er

DATA
10-29-2002, 06:08 AM
hi fever,

pls see pm.

Regards Data.

fEǚ.法Er
10-29-2002, 06:38 AM
HI,
got your message, I was just kiddin',

what you are currently doing is much more important,
all the best..

-----------
fEǚ.法Er

chris
11-10-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by fEǚ.法Er
Dear forummates

I have tried to make SYMPA a bit smarter, so..
as of version *.0*0 that you can find here:

you DO NOT need anymore to enter the SMTP server name of your addressee. SYMPA will "try" to find it for you, based on the addressee email.

I am still open to receive any comments or observation.

(DATA, where are you hiding man?)

------------
fEǚ.法Er

how can use sympa to send email to hotmail, please tell me

DATA
11-11-2002, 05:01 AM
hi,

I guess fever is still working on it.

(Piexa got a new guitar-hehe)

Data.

loopers
12-28-2002, 10:20 AM
Once I double click on the icon of SYMPA.exe it prompts me for the password. What is the password that I should type it in?

In the fake MS Id,I type mx7.mail.dxf.com

By the way when I get everything done and press the Send Mail button to send a test mail to my yahoo account, I am not able to see the test fake mail that I sent to myself. How can I resolve this problem?

My Norton Antivirus 200* is also telling me that the email could not be sent for some reason. Anybody can help?

loopers
12-28-2002, 12:12 PM
Fever, may I know what type of programming language do you learn to write this program. Do you think you can share with me what type of software you are using to write SYMPA? Thanks.

fEǚ.法Er
12-28-2002, 05:15 PM
Hi loopers

First of all, thanks for your interest in Sympa, I do not know which version you are currently using, however go ahead and download the last available release (v2.00)
btw, In couple of days I am releasing v2.0**

Sympa is free and will remain free forever, I only write some codes after work, when I do not feel like going out and want to de-stress (as weird as it may sound) but this is the truth..
The password is only meant to make users read the 'read_me.txt' and the 'SYMPA.chm' files.

In order to get rid of the promt that asks for a password, all you have to do is to open & read the file 'read_me.txt' that comes inside the zip file that you downloaded. I am sure you will find the correct password after reading it..
the password is case sensitive when you enter it.

May I also s***est that you read the help file (SYMPA.chm), as it contains very usefull details and examples to better use SYMPA.

As for your your question concerning the programming language,
I am currently using
Borland C++ Builder 6.0 ENTERPRISE and
Borland Delphi 7.0 ENTERPRISE

both are used to give partial codes that are finally compiled with the Delphi 7.0
So, at the end, Delphi 7.0 is integrating as well some C++ codes and assembly codes to give the Sympa.exe that you are using.

in case you still have questions, just ask..

-----------
fEǚ.法Er

loopers
12-28-2002, 11:56 PM
Let say I am sending an email using the name FakeSender and my email is fakemail@fakemail.com

When the receiver receive this fake mail, in the 'From : ' columns of the receiver's email, looks like this:-

If I am sending an actual mail, it is suppose to be

You see, there is suppose to be one space in between the sender's name and the email address. I know this is a small bugs but this may give out the hint that this is actually a fake mail.

loopers
12-29-2002, 12:01 AM
Thanks. I now got the password. My question is this:-

Let us say I want to send to this specific email account bungalow@tm.net.my but SYMPA doesn't seems to be sending anything to this account. What shall I do?

loopers
12-29-2002, 12:12 AM
Actually, Fever, don't get me wrong with all my questions. I actually like SYMPA very much. The reason why I post so many comments is so that maybe if you want, you can improve SYMPA in your own way. By the way, I am very much looking forward for you next version of SYMPA.

Here is another comment from me. SYMPA is unable to send to multiple user at the same time or multiple user with different mail services. For an example, sending to receiver@hotmail.com and receiver2@hotmail.com cannot be done. Sending to receiver with different services cannot be done either, for an example, receiver@hotmail.com and receiver@**********.

Overall this is really a great software and I like it very much. Hopefully, you can come out with a solution :)

loopers
12-29-2002, 12:39 AM
The next weakness that I found in SYMPA is this. Let us say I wanted to send an email with this in the name column of SYMPA. So here is what I type in the name column of SYMPA ...

Name : abc <abc@hotmail.com>

The reason why I type abc <abc@hotmail.com> in the Name column of SYMPA is bcoz' I wanted abc <abc@hotmail.com> to appear on the receiver's email. But the receiver receive the mail, the email only appear abc.

fEǚ.法Er
12-29-2002, 03:49 AM
Hi

Please do read the help & faq files. There you can find detailed answers concerning sending email to multiple receivers having different domain names, and many other stuff..

Now for the particular question about your wish to make the receivers email read like this:
(From: abc <abc@hotmail.com>)
instead of reading (From: abc<abc@hotmail.com>) {where no space between name and email address}.
All you have to do is to type :
abc@hotmail.com in the SYMPA field called ( Mail from: ) and
abc followed by a space (abc ) in the SYMPA field called ( Name: )
this is done automatically in the new version..

btw, there are 2 email format standards, the *st sends the name inside quotes so that the receiver will read this
(From: "abc" <abc@hotmail.com>)
the second does not use quotes, the receiver will read
(From: abc <abc@hotmail.com>)

SYMPA will make whatever you wish. Try and type
"abc" followed by a space ("abc" ) in the field called ( Name: ) and
abc@hotmail.com in the SYMPA field called ( Mail from: )
the receiver of your email will read
(From: "abc" <abc@hotmail.com>) ;)

take care

------------
fEǚ.法Er

loopers
12-29-2002, 05:48 AM
Thank you Fever, you have answer all my questions except that I still do not know how to send to multiple users with the samae or different email services.

loopers
12-29-2002, 10:31 PM
Let us say I specifically wanted to send a fake mail to bungalow@tm.net.my [which a friend of mine and tm.net.my is the isp provider in my country]. How can I do this? Pls help

loopers
12-31-2002, 12:52 PM
Do you think you wanted to publish the code of SYMPA? I know programming too. If you allow me too. I may be able to help out with this and why not you make this software an open source?

loopers
12-31-2002, 12:53 PM
By the way, how do you put your notes all in the .chm files? What type of software do you use, Fever?

fEǚ.法Er
01-15-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by loopers
Let us say I specifically wanted to send a fake mail to bungalow@tm.net.my [which a friend of mine and tm.net.my is the isp provider in my country]. How can I do this? Pls help

==========================================

Hi loopers,

sorry for being late, lot of travel these days.

As promissed, I have released today SYMPA version 2.0**.

http://fmk.virtualave.net/Sympa/

With this new version you DO NOT NEED ANYMORE to type manually any SMTP server, just write down the email address of the destination
This is one of many changes that I am not gonna mention here.
Please read the file 'read_me.txt' provided in the zip file.

btw: there is no help file yet for this new version. It will follow soon.
-----------
fEǚ.法Er

AndyH
01-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Hi all, just download the very fine sounding SYMPA Delphi App.

However I had a problem on startup with an invalid argument to dateencode. Get all sorts of other date related error messages after that.

I have tried setting regional settings to US MMDDYYYY for what difference this makes but to no avail.

Any Ideas??

fEǚ.法Er
01-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by AndyH
.. I had a problem on startup with an invalid argument to dateencode...
============================================
Hi,

Thank you AndyH for your feedback, in order to reproduce this error I need the following:

What operating system are you using.
Did you enter the correct password.
Did you setup the DNS server.
Can you describe what function of SYMPA you were using when you got the error message.
Can you post exactly the error messsage as it appeared.

thanx again..

-----------
fEǚ.法Er

AndyH
01-18-2003, 06:12 AM
The O/S that your app is installed on, is Windows ME.

The Error message is 'invalid argument to date encode'

Its the error message you might get with the following code:

procedure TForm*.Button*Click(Sender: TObject);
var
Thedate:TDateTime;
DD,MM,YY:Word;
begin
DD:=*0;
MM:=**;
YY:=200*;
TheDate := EncodeDate(YY, MM, DD);
end;

The error message appears before the form apears, this happens consistantly.

It also appears after I click on any the DNS config button if I remember correctly.
I entered the password as detailed on this message ***rd earlier on this thread.

Thanks.

Andy.

fEǚ.法Er
01-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Hi AndyH

Please download v2.0*2

Hope the bug is fixed.
It was a Bios issue...
thank you.

-----------
fEǚ.法Er

AndyH
01-22-2003, 04:25 AM
Thanks for looking into that. A BIOS issue, that's interesting. If possible could you let me know a bit more detail?

Thanks mate.

Andy.

AirWalk
02-05-2003, 02:53 PM
hey fEǚ.法Er !
it`s fine now ..
Good Work! Update the proxy list!
i know it`s hard to find proxy that accept sendmail and tunnelinng also!
c ya

- Alin

AirWalk
02-23-2003, 09:01 AM
heya ppl
i formated my computer and i`ve lost SYMPA .. i was using 2.0*2 and it was working fine , but now after i d/l SYMPA 2.0*2 , unzip it
i don`t find any sympa.chm files(s) and when i run SYMPA.exe it says that it caused and invalid bla bla at a kernel dll.
I`m looking forward for you help if this forum isn`t dead.
- Alin

fEǚ.法Er
02-23-2003, 03:01 PM
Hi Alin
The zip file that you downloaded from http://fmk.virtualave.net/Sympa
DOES NOT contain the sympa.chm file.
I took it out as the v2.0*2 requires a new chm file that I haven't yet got the time to release..

However you can check the old chm file online by going into
.add-on
.sympa browser
.online help

It will be soon released with v2.0** containing some minor bug fixes.

Now, would you be more precise as of the nature of the error you get. (the correct error message)
>Is it at sympa start up or during normal or anonymous mode?
>did you enter the right password?
>have you set up the DNS server?
>Are you still on WinMe?

let me know

-----------
fEǚ.法Er

Unregistered
02-23-2003, 11:24 PM
I was wondering if it's possible to make the program to send e-mails not classified as junk-mail?
i.e. Try sending an e-mail to a hotmail address with another hotmail address in the sender field.

fEǚ.法Er
02-24-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I was wondering if it's possible to make the program to send e-mails not classified as junk-mail?
i.e. Try sending an e-mail to a hotmail address with another hotmail address in the sender field.
==========================================
Hi

SYMPA is ALREADY able to send e-mails not classified as junk-mail.

Please read the help file (click "info" button) and you see than you can use ANY name and ANY email address is the sender filed.

i.e the sender e-mail could be a yahoo, MSM, hotmail or WHATEVER your immagination can give!

----------
fEǚ.法Er

AirWalk
02-24-2003, 04:10 PM
hey!
I use Win*8 not ME..

When i run it doesn`t even open the program it shows an error about a kernel dll , i can`t see it all because very fast a mothf.. blue screen(actualy that`s Winblows.fuck it ! sorry) comes out saying there is a problem with a VXD file.
Dunno what to do!.
iF you have any idea..

fEǚ.法Er
02-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by AirWalk
hey!
I use Win*8 not ME..

When i run it doesn`t even open the program it shows an error about a kernel dll , i can`t see it all because very fast a mothf.. blue screen(actualy that`s Winblows.fuck it ! sorry) comes out saying there is a problem with a VXD file.
Dunno what to do!.
iF you have any idea..
============================================

At windows start up, usually it loads all virtual Win*x drivers that most of them are located in hdd:\windows\system\iosubsys.

In case a vxd (virtual driver) is missing a black page will appear at windows startup listing what is missing by its name, and telling you that a vxd file that is listed in the registry or the system.ini file is missing and couldn't be loaded..

Try to localize the missing vxd file by pressing the 'pause' button when the page appears, so you'll get enough time to read the entire text message on the screen.

Although I do not run Win*x since couple of years, I still have all those vxd's as I use them sometimes for other stuff.

Tell me what's missing I'll find a way to send it to you.

This is only to avoid you installing windows again & again..

-----------
fEǚ.法Er

AirWalk
02-25-2003, 01:30 PM
hey fEǚ.法Er
i`ve got the errors.
first of all when i run windows there is no error of not finding a vxd file.. i`ve seen errors like those , but it`s okay about that(at least it seems to be)..
when i run SYMPA it appears that error messsage
SYMPA
The program has performed an ilegal operation...blabla
when i move the mouse to click on details or move the pointer anywhere , comes out the classic windows screen saying
Windows
A fatal exceptionnn 0C hass occured 0*5F:00007*0*.
The current application will be terminated.

I don`t know what to do.I don`t want to install windows again.