PDA

View Full Version : win*2dasm problem

roadrunner
08-16-2007, 08:48 AM
hi,
my problem is that I ran win*2dasm for a particular software and it took approx 5mins for just preprocessing the file. it then started 'processing *04*22 call references' and i got an error msg from win xp that 'win*2dasm is about to close. do u want to send an error msg to microsoft' or somethin like that. i checked the error report and it had some 4* modules for 4* files(*:W*2DSM8*.exe, 2:ntdll.dll, *:kernel*2.dll, etc) with the version infos for each and other specs like image base, timestamp. what i dont understand is y this happened.
is it impossible to crack this software now?? its out of its trial period of *0 days and i thought i'd have to look into the string references for the string 'grace expired'. i tried openin it * times with the same error msg.
i've done my engg so i have a assembly language programming(alp) background. This means that i wouldnt have to spend time learning nething abt disassembling.
if there is any other method of cracking a serial protected software outside the grace period, pls let me knw. thanks.