PDA

View Full Version : help me out is this normal these days

Unregistered
11-05-2002, 09:46 PM
using zone alarm. i've been getting up to *00 attempts within a couple of hours. zone alarm is blocking. i call my isp "joi" and they told me that there wasnt anything that could be done. i've been on the net for a number of years and haven't had this happen in the *00's in such a short time. should i be using anything besides zone alarm for my security. thanks for your time

harry balls
11-06-2002, 02:05 AM
call this one

*00 - 644 45*0

ask for jessica or sandra, they will help you a lot.
but you need to give them something back, like a ****** card number..

DATA
11-06-2002, 06:52 AM
HI,

Yes,common these days.
The firewall should keep you safe.

Regards Data.

Unregistered
11-11-2002, 01:15 PM
Zone Alarm is pretty good, infact one of the best software firewalls for windows that I have seen. However there are still some things that it lets out. NetBios Names and crap like that. If your worried about that you may want to try BlackICE along with Zone Alarm. It sucks by itself but i found it useful for that exact problem. Here is a good site to test your privacy: https://grc.com/default.htm Do the ShieldsUp! and LeakTest. I would recommended even reading some of his articles. They consist of how people have DDoS his site as well as why he thinks 2000 and XP shipping with Raw Sockets was a very bad ideal. If Zone Alarm doesn't do it for you, try Sygate or Tiny Personal Firewall.