PDA

View Full Version : a program makes ur Dial-up downloading speed more than 6M\S!!!!.....

Joe-X
12-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I heard about a very small sized program that makes the dial-up downloading speed more than 6M\S..is this true???.....I really need an answer bec. i'm sucked of my internet speed,i tried DAP Acc. but it's speed always go down.......so please give me an answer....:(

Moonbat
12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that no program alone can do this, but hey, I could be wrong. I wouldn't trust any program giving that guarantee though.

Ezekiel
12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I heard about a very small sized program that makes the dial-up downloading speed more than 6M\S..is this true???.....I really need an answer bec. i'm sucked of my internet speed,i tried DAP Acc. but it's speed always go down.......so please give me an answer....:(

No; that's impossible.

ignorant
12-19-2007, 05:38 PM
if there was such program i guess it could only increase it to **5 k as tops :confused:

elite_chaos
12-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Nah dude there isn't a program out there.
The phone line itself doesnt have the capibility.
The only way it does is adsl or dsl.
And even then its not nearly the same.

Cyber Punk
12-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi, the **5.2 KBPS thing can be done through Device Manager.
In Device Manager, go to Modems, and then select the 56KBps modem currently in use and select properties. Now type "at&fx"(without the quotes) under Extra initialisation commands in the Advanced tab.
Reconnect and you will see that your BANDWIDTH has been changed to **5.2 KBps.
The change in the speed cannot be noticed. I think this is fake, but it's a nice trick. ;)

Ezekiel
12-26-2007, 08:10 AM
The maximum bitrate you can achieve over the PSTN using analog transmission (as a modem does) is about 56Kbit/s, as you get on dial-up. 56 / 8 = 7KB/s, which is the absolute maximum download speed (in bytes) you can expect.

There's no way to change how the PSTN works.

coz
12-28-2007, 02:27 PM
This also has to do with the protocol its self not a program like mike*5* has said.

JayT
12-29-2007, 03:50 AM

The others are right. No such program can exist. The nature of the telephone system and a dial-up modem, makes such dial-up speeds a physical impossibility.

Only something like cable modems provide speeds like that. No dial-up modem is capable of such speeds - even under the most ideal conditions or any settings adjustments to your system that you might make.

:(

One can dream!

Sir Grifin
01-12-2008, 03:01 PM

come on are you serious,:mad: theres not any damn program, if it could happend why the hell the big enterprises of internet, improve xDSL :o conection, its hilarios, the post you made, well i supose you googled before you post if you dont :eek: :eek: you might do it bro...:p :p