PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Router/Modem Question

yebethinks
01-01-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm using a wireless router/modem ( Netgear CG8*4WGv2 ) that provided by roadrunner at the moment. It gives me nothing but problems when i try to play a multiplayer game online. I wanted to know, if i switch the cable modem and a separate router ( which works ) do i have to contact timewarner roadrunner cable that i switch the cable modem and settings ?

thanks in advance.

teknicalissue
01-03-2008, 09:09 PM
nope you don't have too..if its a router then your free to do what ever..now if its a new modem (which im sure it isn't) then yes youd have to report it. but routers? your still on the clear =P

Sir Grifin
01-11-2008, 10:25 AM
we have to see how are you working, if i understand, you have two things, a modem and a router....well if it is like that you have to check how you have to make the conections, maybe your modem have to be on bridge if it can be performed like that, then you can conect your router to the modem for broadcast the wireless signal, and by this way you can conect everything you need (well if you know the info of the wireless nertwork name, pass, channell this little aspects). if you need something else post more clearly your situation ok?;) ;) ;)