PDA

View Full Version : Vine Server?????

drumgodmaggott
01-04-2008, 06:27 AM
ok so i am making a webpage but i am on a mac osx and i found this thing called vnc or vine server (saw on milw0rm i believe) and i need a host name or a ip 2 run off of

another issue is that where you would put the server file name (blah.asp) is blank because i dont have access 2 a server or any server file=[

but im confused...

if i use this webpage and it has radio buttons and a submit button for like a user name and i somehow had a server file to send the info to how would i acess that file??? would it be saved to my computer???

coz
01-04-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm not to familiar with Macs or even really vnc but since no one has replied I'll give my opinion. VNC software are RATs (Remote Administration Tool). You probably already know that but its different from a trojan in that it doesn't try to hide itself. So typically you would install the server/software on some remote computer, then remotely control it. The asp file I'm not totally sure why you would need it. Maybe as a interface or login to the remote computer. In that case the remote computer would need a web server which is very easy to set up. It can be as simple as connecting to a remote computer with a .html, php, asp, ect. file on it.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Moonbat
01-04-2008, 12:48 PM
If the webserver isn't using IIS (i.e. isn't a Windows server) then .asp files won't work.

drumgodmaggott
01-06-2008, 10:29 AM
well i dont know a lot about servers and things like that because im still learning but on w*school it says that you have to have a file with .asp at the end in order for the password to go through the webpages server and be sent back to your computer

but if asp is only for windows then whut would i use to do that on a mac???

im saving ***** for a windows computer but im afraid that if i just sit here and not learn this stuff before i get it tthen i wont remember anything that ive learned

like ive said before my cuzin and uncle are both computer programmers for the military and they have both told me that this stuff is something that u cant stop doin or u will loose it allmuch like guitar or drums lol

Moonbat
01-06-2008, 08:43 PM
For non-Windows servers (most servers are non-Windows) you'd use PHP (i.e .php file)

drumgodmaggott
01-06-2008, 09:51 PM
so would i be able 2 save passwords and usernames on my computer??