PDA

View Full Version : Help with IP Address Please!

LeslieCA1
01-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi! New here, and looking for answers!

I recently joined a site which only allows each user one account. I was originally denied my account because the administrator claimed that I already had an account. I begged and pleaded, and I was eventually allowed the account. Now two weeks later, admin has come to me again, saying I have multiple accounts and have filled out multiple registration applications. I'm pretty sure I will get the boot pretty soon.

I really am at a loss, as I only have one account on the site, and I have only filled out one application for my account. Admin says that's untrue, as my IP address has been flagged.

I use AOL through Time Warner, however I have been using IE or Firefox recently. My ISP says that I do have a dynamic IP address.

So, please can someone more computer literate than I let me know whether it is possible for the same IP address to show up on the same site? It is a small site, only about 400 members right now.

Thanks much for any help or info you can give me!

Moonbat
01-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Is anyone else able to use your computer?

gordo
01-30-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't know if this applies, I access the net through AT&T then bring up my aol software and access sites where I appear to have an AOL ip address. One site accused me of using a proxy(probably true) and blocked me. Moonbat or Coz would probably know more than me on this.
You could try TOR and join using that.

LeslieCA1
01-30-2008, 05:26 PM
No, I'm really the only one in my household that would be accessing the site. I'm completely at a loss...

coz
01-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Seems like a bad way to run a site? But I'm sure theres a purpose. In my opinion the most likely cause is AOL. Because of how all their uses sort of work through a proxy.

Take a look at this, it's straight from AOL.

http://web******.info.aol.com/proxyinfo.html

AOL is the only ISP I've know to be like this.

Moonbat
01-30-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm guessing as well it has something to do with AOL as well. Since nobody else accesses the site from your computer, coz's answer seems logical.

LeslieCA1
01-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Thank you guys so much for your help! I believe (and hope!) that the AOL proxy must be the problem, as there could be no other logical explanation. I will present these communications with admin, and hopefully this will clear some things up.

As for the site, admin does have it's reasons for allowing only one account per person- It's a sim game in which players would have an unfair advantage should they have multiple accounts.

Thanks again! You don't know how much I appreciate your help!

williamjlmommy
01-31-2008, 03:00 PM
HELLO~
Some bogus website stole my ****** card information and has been illegally charging my ****** card.I want to find out there private IP address if possible to shut them down.I filed police reports and all the other reports but no ones going to find these guys.It's up to me.All I found was there servers Ip address which is Verizon in Omaha,Nebraska.Although I was proud I even found that.There website is shopping-essentials.com Any help would be appreciated.Have the best day ever.
Amber

gordo
02-01-2008, 06:26 AM
You are not alone. http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q5=Shopping+Essentials&searchtype=0&q*=ALL&q*=&q2=&q7=&q4=&q6=&start=*5

williamjlmommy
02-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Thank you!I am supposed getting ***** put back into my account today by that company.Thanks for the link I got alot of advice and support from that chat room.Your awesome!
Amber:)

gordo
02-02-2008, 07:33 AM
google sometimes makes me appear to be smart. ;)

Moonbat
02-02-2008, 12:06 PM
google sometimes makes me smart. ;)

There, fixed for you :D

gordo
02-03-2008, 09:40 AM
:D thanx