PDA

View Full Version : What really is a proxy?

loopers
01-10-2003, 12:42 AM
I wanted to know the true meaning of a proxy. Is a proxy build inside a PC? And how can I be sure that this proxy will never reveals my true identity? How can I trust any proxy that is being publish on the web?

DATA
01-13-2003, 09:30 AM
hi,

I wanted to know the true meaning of a proxy. Is a proxy build inside a PC? And how can I be sure that this proxy will never reveals my true identity? How can I trust any proxy that is being publish on the web?

hi,have a look at
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid*_gci2*2840,00.html

As it says-it is a server, a server necessarily does not mean that it is a piece of hard ware-it can very well be a software.

Hardware implementations are faster than softwares.
If there are too numerous computers that needs to be connected to a single proxy-you can either go for a dedicated computer running a proxy server on it.A hard ware implementation will work equally well.

To be sure that the proxy will not reveal ur true identity-you can check and monitor network traffic out of ur computer.

How to trust the proxy runnig the service-its up to you.No body really knows who is running them,so if you trust them-you can use them.There is however no certainity.

Regards Sarath