PDA

View Full Version : Freeware Recovery?

tehjimsta
02-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Well, since nobody really helped me out on my other thread, and it'd probably be considered grave digging if posted there, this is my new thread. This time, instead of being so specific, I'll just generalize the category of software I need. Teknicalissue's killer batch isn't just named killer, it really WILL kill! Here's the features I absolutely NEED for my recovery from the killer batch:

-must be well-known or freeware
-must be self-bootable
-must have reliable recovery of files
-must have a command prompt
-must have something like windows explorer built in

And these are optional:

-be able to display all changes made to a file
-be able to simply restore your computer like windows restore, but includes files
-be able to be installed on linux
-is smaller than *00 MB

Please help! Thanks in advance, and all help is appreciated. Make sure you tell me if it has any of my preferred features or if it is missing any of my required ones.

Note to teknicalissue: Help me out! >_> Oh, and if the files deleted and changed really were the same for each and every computer with no modifications normally there, then please give me the package of system files...

kenhislop
02-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi lol, have you had a look at Knoppix, this would seem to sort all of your requirements, I recovered my Vista system, all files and mail using it. It is a Linux live system.Hope this helps.

tehjimsta
02-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Well.... Knoppix? It's pretty much a Linux OS, except bootable. The big questions I have are:

-Out of the preinstalled software on the Knoppix download/CD, does it have a recovery software which will be able to, no matter what the circumstances, access a partition, and change/recover files?

-Can Knoppix run on a computer with * GB of RAM?? It's system is quite similar to the OS I'm currently using, apparently.

If you're wondering what OS I'm using right now, I'm running MEPIS 6.5 *2-bit. I think there's a 7.0 out already though.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it if somebody can list recovery softwares(only the .ISO files or is Linux compatible!)and answers to my 2 questions asked in this post.

Have a nice day in cyberspace!
~The guy with the knowledge, but no way to use it.

teknicalissue
03-17-2008, 10:30 PM
just because im heartless im not gonna attach or post the cure on this forum for all others to bring back they're comps sooooooo, feel free and aim me at teknicalissue@aim.com

EDIT BY MOONBAT
Sorry, but I had to edit out your site URL, we can't have too much advertising.