PDA

View Full Version : Cisco 7206 Vxr Ios V *2.4[*7]

blasfemaz
03-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi,

I work for a company where we have over *,000 users on our LAN, and we all share a 20Mb internet connection. The internet connection is supposed to be only for work related usage, but as in every other place we have those users that install filesharing programs to download or have some kind of bandwidth hogging virus.

This slows down the internet completely. Everyday I have to go into the router and look at the traffic to see what ips have the most connections open, then I have to ***** down the mac of that ip all the way down to the router and port so I can uninstall whatever programs or viruses were hogging all the bandwidth on that machine.

Our network is composed of * sites that are miles away connected through t* lines. So you can understand how tedious it is when one of the users is not in the site where I am at.

Does anyone know of an easier/faster way of dealing with this? Is there any programs that would read the traffic on my router and automatically show me any ips with more than xx connections open? and, if it is not asking too much, perhaps automatically show me the router and port where the mac of that ip is coming from?

The specific router where I do all the commands is:
CISCO 7206 VXR IOS V *2.4[*7]

THANKS for any help you can give me.