PDA

View Full Version : My provider is trying to get in??

Unregistered
01-31-2003, 02:20 PM
My local provider keeps trying to get into my computer. I've got their IP and have traced it back to them. It has been a constant for the last several hours. They were even sent pings back to verify that we were on line.

Why would they need access to my system?
What can I do to get this to stop?

Unregistered
02-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Hi unregistered,

I have asked similar questions in this forum - never a reply. We have an ISP (after an upgrade) who bypasses the security setting for cookies (session cookies only) and puts cookies on our hard drive. Every time we boot up, it is not the folks on our local network at the "back door" of our firewall, but more often, (and the biggest offender) is one computer with the same net server. Your ISP is not necessarily at your "back door" trying to break into your computer. Someone using your same server is scanning your ports when you log on. Since I suspect you have a firewall, simply ban the IP and forget about it. Really, I know at first this is upsetting, but with your firewall, virus scanner, and educating yourself about your system's security settings (and scanning your files for corruption from time to time) you should be okay. Once you ban the offending IP, you will get a kick out of how many times each day that host will continue to scan to no avail. Hope this has been helpful - try to relax. d

fEš·.·šEr
02-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
My local provider keeps trying to get into my computer..........
============================================

Hi

I do know in which country is your ISP, however and generally speaking, your ISP has thousands of users like you and it is the least of his worries to sneak an get inside your computer.

It is simply an exchange between your PC and port *** of the ISP server cause you are in a configuration similar to a wide LAN.

Do not worry, they have lot of other stuff to do that keeps them busy..

-----------
fEš·.·šEr