PDA

View Full Version : ethernet

sneekyasn
04-03-2008, 05:53 PM
:( :( :( ok, i need some help, so heres the problem:

so, my brother and i both use the same wireless network, except he uses it to play maplestory (mmorpg) and i use it to play halo * on xbox live.

But, whenever he gets on maplestory and i play halo * on xbox live simultaneously, our wireless connection gets really laggy and we both end up lagging like heck, so now only one person can use the wireless network at one time. we cant use our wireless router's extra ethernet jack either.

im just wondering, is there any device that somehow creates an extra ethernet jack? like, for example, plug the device into a phone jack into and the device then provides an extra ethernet jack?

yea, just something like...an ethernet adapter or something...coverts one type of ****** or jack into and ethernet jack.

kk, since like, i can only contact/talk to my bestfriend over xbox live. so...PLZ HELP?!

brokenstranger
04-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Anytime you run to bandwidth hoggers like that you are going to notice lag. ISP's only allow so much bandwidth to be used by one location. I would s***est contacting your provider and asking for upgraded package (ie Fios 20/20, RoadRunner turbo etc) that could help you a bit.

--Broken