PDA

View Full Version : Creating a connection to a game, using specific numbers?

Pb2Au
04-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Hello,

I am currently playing an MMORPG where you need a connection to enter the game. After right-clicking and viewing the Page Source, I noticed that the connection is determined by a number in the code:

ID=framework WIDTH=800 HEIGHT=600>
<PARAM NAME=swStretchStyle VALUE=none>
<param name=swRemote value="swSaveEnabled='false' swVolume='true' swRestart='false'
swPausePlay='false' swFastForward='false' swContextMenu='false' ">
<PARAM NAME=bgColor VALUE=#000000> <PARAM NAME=progress VALUE=FALSE> <PARAM NAME=logo VALUE=FALSE>
. . . . .yadayada
value="at=555E**A8-2B5C-556B-**C*-**077702**0*"/>
. . . . .yadayada
sw*="at=555E**A8-2B5C-556B-**C*-**077702**0*"
TYPE="application/x-director"

Each time you log into the game, you are assigned a unique set of numbers that allows you to connect to the game. If you log off of your current connection, and attempt to get back on the game with the same number, the connection fails. The number also shows up in the address bar
(ex. address.com?at=555E**A8-2B5C-556B-**C*-**077702**0*), and the game was made using Adobe Director (if that is pertinent to the situation).

My question is: Is there any way to find out the all of the connection numbers to connect to the server, such as a list of numbers? I figure that the numbers can't be random, since random numbers don't work.

If not, is there anything else I could learn about how it operates? Such as, after entering my Username and Password into the fields, and pressing login - how DOES that generate a number that will connect me to the game?

Thanks!

Pb2Au
04-21-2008, 03:55 PM
After some more searching, I've discovered that this number is a UUID. So, I suppose this would be more of a security question.

So is there any way I could figure out how they are generated (on a specific server) or where they are stored, rather than figure out how to get them? (I realize that finding out a generated UUID wouldn't be an easy task in the least).

Most basically, you enter your username and password and are assigned a UUID for the session, that acts as your connection to the server. Is there anyway to figure out where the number comes from - wherever it is send from/stored on the internet?